Our client, a world renowned oil and gas services company, is looking for a Failure Analysis Engineer. They will be responsible for performing root cause analysis of performance problems, identifying and implementing corrective and preventative actions, and communicating findings to internal and external customers. They perform analysis to evaluate performance of technologies and services and identify negative trends for the focus of product engineering. They also ensure changes and alerts are communicated throughout the district, and all systems are properly utilized and data is complete.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform Root Cause Analysis on equipment and service failures; identify root causes of incidents and present detail recommended preventative/corrective actions to internal staff, management, and clients. Travel to customer locations to conduct investigations may be required.
- Gather and examine reliability data from the field, Reliability database and IMARKS; correlate the data for analysis using well defined engineering techniques and principles and identify trends.
- Consult with field and Manufacturing to identify product improvements/failures/safety measures.
- Perform life cycle cost analysis on new equipment, repairs, and upgrades; identify opportunities to reduce costs where costs are excessive.
- Identify and document cost of failure as it relates to tool repairs, lost revenue, shipping and penalties.
- Communicate published Engineering Change Notices and Tech Alerts within the district; hold and lead regular review meetings with all relevant parties.
- Ensure that corrective actions and change requests from within the district are communicated via C-PARs or CRs and follow up with their approval and implementation.
- Be proactive in offering suggestions and/or proposals to improve product line reliability, reduce maintenance costs, increase revenue, and improve maintenance efficiency.
- Assist with the introduction of new products within the district with a focus on identification of problems and feedback of corrective and preventative actions.
- Confirm runs where equipment is operated out of specification, identify the costs expected to return the equipment to operating condition and the corrective actions needed to prevent recurrence, and prepare billing reports for clients where applicable.
- Ensure that all district personnel are familiar with and adhering to internal reporting systems.
- Ensure memory data from each run is consolidated, available and uploaded on the shared drive in each location.
- Assist with troubleshooting and correct classification of equipment failures within district.
- Serve as technical point of contact for internal and external customers.
- Provide technical support for tenders and review customer specifications to include vetting the feasibility of meeting those requirements.
- Work with Weatherford Engineering to draft technical bulletins, service bulletins, and customer specific communications.
- Prepare and present technical sales presentations to customers.
- Investigate and complete warranty claims using WPTS.
- Performs various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment: a safe and healthy workplace for all employees; enforcing all safety precautions and practices; enforcing all safety precautions and practices; promoting safe work practices; Attending mandatory safety meetings and maintaining Company property and equipment in safe operating conditions at all times.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5 years' experience with failure and root cause analysis within an oilfield drilling or surface pumping units
- Experience with life cycle cost analysis on new equipment, repairs, and upgrades; identify opportunities to reduce costs where costs are excessive.
- Strong communication, organizing, troubleshooting, analytical, and multi-tasking skills, especially when under pressure Positive attitude, with a high degree of self-discipline and self-motivation
- Ability to collaborate with others and have good team-building skills.
- Thorough technical knowledge of reciprocating rod lift products and services.
- Strong technical writing skills
- An Engineering Technical Education
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.