Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational oil and natural gas service companies. We currently have an available contract assignment for Field Commodity Buyer in Houston, Texas
- Responsible for purchasing materials and negotiating contracts with vendors.
- Issue RFPs/RFQs and evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- Purchase using Client Approved Supplier List.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business or engineering and 10+ years of experience in purchasing engineered products (valves, electrical, instrumentation and engineered oil and gas equipment).
- CPSM, ISM certification or enrollment is desired.
- Field experience is an asset.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks related to purchasing and contract development.
- Participates in the development and execution of sourcing initiatives.
- Execute sourcing strategies under the guidance of a Category Manager in alignment with applicable market sector and commodity strategies.
- The role includes understanding the local business objectives and desired outcomes, engaging internal customers, understanding options and risks associated with supply chain activities, building supplier relationships in order to achieve superior supplier performance, negotiating commercial terms to deliver best value solutions, and the measurement/reporting of the value delivered.
- 3-5 years ERP experience with SAP, Oracle or both.
- Must have solid negotiation skills and strong communication skills both written and verbal.