Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We have an immediate opening for a Field Engineer on a 4 months long assignment extension beyond, in Durham, NC, USA.
Corporate Owned Hardware Upgrades and Repair
- Corporate Owned physical hardware PC upgrades and repair for out-of-warranty devices and in-warranty device parts not covered
Configuration and Support for Avaya Corporate used Applications
- Configuration and support Avaya Corporate applications on PCs, Desktops and Mac computers including but not limited to:
- Commercial Applications: Microsoft Office 2010, Mac Office 2016, Lync 2013, Office 365, Network Connect, Entrust Identity Guard SoftToken, Pulse Secure, IronPort E-Mail Security Plugin, McAfee products
- Avaya Applications including Equinox, Avaya Aura Conferencing
Inventory and Management
- All Avaya Corporate devices must be inventoried, managed and controlled including PCs, Macs, and Corporate Owned Mobile Devices using the corporate HPSM Platform (CMDB) which includes:
- Asset Tagging and Administration of all Avaya Corporate Computers and Mobile Devices
- Reassignment and Retirement of Devices
New Device Setup, Training and Operating System Re-Imaging new and used devices
- Responsible for ensuring PCs, Macs, and Corporate Owned Mobile devices are ready for use by the Avaya employees and contractors
Physical On-Site Support
- Physical On-Site support in US, Durham is required to support the business operations in our medium to large facilities across the world, and travel as needed to small locations for these functions:
- The main scope from the Onsite support is for the Avaya Executives, having a high demand coping profile and flexibility is a must
- Corporate PCs, Macs, Tablets, Mobile Devices
- Corporate Conference Rooms including Telephone/Speaker Phone support, Equinox Video Conference technology including monitors, Crestron setups and sound
Virtual Office Support
- Provide Virtual Office, where employees/contractors are not in an Avaya facility but work at home or travel to a customer location out of US for any Virtual Office Employees anywhere in the world based on work hours which includes remote troubleshooting using TeamViewer.
- PCs, Macs, Peripherals including monitors, docking stations, speakers, keyboards, mice will require shipment to and from these locations depending on business need as well as end-user Virtual Offices.
Mobile Device Support
- Assist employees and contractors with any issues regarding corporate used applications on their personal or corporate owned mobile devices
- Install, Collect, Configure and Troubleshoot all Avaya and Third Party Telephony devices working with the Telephony Support teams for new hires, temporary setups for events
- Trained in Field Services techniques, including an understanding of Help Desk and Field Services operations, call handling procedures, trouble shooting, communications, and customer/end user management skills
- Knowledgeable about the Avaya Network, products and services with scripted support, as well as named applications that support AVAYA end users
- End-User Hardware proficiency. Desktops, laptops, smartphones, tablets, including repair for out-of-warranty PCs
- End-User Operating System proficiency. Windows 7 and 10, Mac Operation Systems, iOS, Android and Windows mobile devices.
- End-User Office Software proficiency. MS-Office, MS-Lync. MS-Outlook as well as the standard software mentioned in this RFP.
- Browsers. IE, Firefox, Chrome, Edge
- Networking basics
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.