Our client, a market leading integrated oil company has an immediate need for a Field Engineering/Construction Coordinator Position to join their team for a six (6) month contract with the possibility of extension. This is a field role on a 6 and 1 rotation working 12 hour days. This role provides the right candidate with several allowances on top of their daily rate.
The Field Engineering / Construction Coordinator will be responsible for providing technical and project management support to the Construction Manager.
- Provides technical and project management support to the Construction Manager.
- Attends progress and coordination meetings.
- Assists in initiating change management process and preparing change request forms for any design modifications identified during construction.
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation and forwarding of RFIs to the PMT for resolution. Also responsible for maintaining a RFI log register.
- Responsible for providing clarifications to construction contractors in relation to project and site specifications, technical documents and drawings.
- Assists the Construction Manager with the inventory and management of free-issue material.
- Tracks and actions RFIs, NCRs, PCNs, and DCNs.
- Ensures contractor compliance to schedules, drawings, codes and ITPs.
- Ensure all construction contractors, and other third parties construction activities are preformed and meet contractual requirements and obligations while adhering to all applicable policies, procedures and safe work practices.
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering (technical diploma minimum).
- 2-10 years experience as a Field Engineer, Construction Coordinator or similar technical role.
- Previous Field construction experience.
- Familiar with project change management process.
- General understanding of engineering and technical deliverables.
- Willing to work 6 &1 work schedules.
- Resides in Alberta.
- Motivated and capable to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Fire Extinguisher Certification – Practical and Theory.
- Confined Space – Entry.
- Fall Protection Training.
- Fit Testing.
- Principles of Gas Detection & Monitoring.
- Ground Disturbance 101.
- H2S Alive.
- OHS Standard First Aid, AED & CPR Level A.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods.
Nice to Haves:
- Oil and gas owner organization experience is preferred but not required.
- Well organized and able to manage numerous programs and systems.
- Work well independently as well as collaboratively within a team, and with others outside of the formal organization (service providers, vendors and contractors).
- Sets high goals and standards of performance for self and has a personal commitment to maintaining professional competency through continuing education, training and development.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.