Our client, a market leading integrated oil company has an immediate need for a Field Health & Safety Advisor to join their team in Lloydminster for a 7- month contract. This is a field role on a 9 and 5 rotation working 10 hour days. This role provides the right candidate with several allowances on top of their daily rate.
The primary responsibility of the Health & Safety Advisor is to ensure that safety is in the forethought of all personnel. As such, the Advisor will be responsible for developing and coordinating health, safety and emergency response programs, incident management, safety procedures, occupational health monitoring, security, and maintaining current knowledge of the latest health and safety best practices.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Be the primary site lead for the health, safety and emergency response programs and maintain the site Safety Procedures Manual, the Emergency Response Plan and the Security Procedures.
- Establish leading and lagging key performance indicators and measurable goals to demonstrate continuous improvement in health and safety performance.
- Maintain the incident management system and provide reports, statistics and analysis as necessary to meet the Business Unit needs. Encourage the sharing of lessons learned to foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Primary contact with the corporate industrial hygiene representative(s) and assists with the development and implementation of site health and hygiene programs.
- Provide technical safety support in the area of industry best practices, corporate standards and procedures, hazardous materials management, transportation of dangerous goods, hazard assessment, and OHS rules and regulations. Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of Emergency Response and Site Security
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 2-4 years direct field experience in oil and gas
- Demonstrated understanding of Occupational Health & Safety legislation / regulations
- NCSO designation or post-secondary certificate, diploma in related field
- Live Fire Fighting
- Confined Space Entry and Monitor
- Fall Protection
- Fit Testing
- Principles of Gas Detection & Monitoring
- Ground Disturbance 201
- H2S Alive
- OHS Standard First Aid, AED & CPR Level A
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.