Our client, one of Canada’s largest integrated oil companies has an immediate need for three (3) Field Operators to join their team just outside Edson, Alberta. This would be a 1 year contract position with a good chance of extension. This role is based on a 9 on, 5 off rotation with 9 hour days.
- Operate and monitor oil and gas wells (Checks pumping units, tests wells and record fluid levels), batteries, satellites, compressors, dehydrators, gas amine, pipeline parameters and dehydration processing plants and troubleshoot, diagnose and repair related oil and gas equipment.
- Perform condition monitoring including sampling and testing per area responsibilities. Complete area operations records. (e.g. volume balances, log sheets, work permits and required reports)
- Maintain and troubleshoot all area-specific equipment to optimize performance to meet production targets as per company guidelines
- Support operations performed maintenance activities aligned to the sites operating philosophy. Support on-site maintenance contractors by communicating requirements, policies and procedures, while leading by example.
- Participate in the development and review of Standard Operating Procedures. Follow standard operating procedures and participate in routine / non-routine operating & maintenance tasks that will increase troubleshooting skills.
- Provide assistance, coaching, on-the-job training and assessments to new employees as required.
- Participate in the site Health and Safety Program. Report all near misses and incidents. Participate in incident investigations, as required.
Must Have Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class 5 drivers license
Nice To Have Skills:
- Power Engineering Certificate (4th Class)
- Gas Process Operations (GPO) / Production Field Operations (PFO) levels A,B,C&D / I,II,III&IV or Oil & Gas Process Operations (OGPO) levels 100,200,300&400 / I,II,III&IV or 4th Class Power Engineering
- Minimum 1-3 yrs. experience in operation of oil well equipment and all associated processes and systems.
- Minimum 1-3 yrs. experience in equipment isolation in preparation for maintenance.
- Minimum 1-3 yrs. experience in safe work permitting and hazard analysis.
- Minimum 1 yrs. Oil and Gas experience
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.