Field Service Technician
Our client is in the healthcare business. They carry more than 35,000 products in distribution centers across Canada. They are the point of contact for manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for all Canadians.
You’ll help them carry out the mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
A FST (Field Service Technician) is responsible to install, set up, maintain, troubleshoot and perform repair to client systems and equipment (hardware and software). Such work may be on or off site and may involve co-ordination and co-operation with other support teams or third parties.
• Execute installations, repairs, necessary changes and assigned tasks on equipment onsite at customer sites as required. This includes being on-call on a rotating basis.
• Provide remote phone support.
• Maintain and manage equipment.
• Ensure all work areas are kept clean, organized and safe at all times.
• Occasionally bring packages to courier depots or directly to the airport in case of emergency or after courier pick-up times have elapsed.
• Excellent interpersonal customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively with individuals from varied backgrounds
• Relevant front line, field based technical customer service work experience a clear asset
• Must be autonomous; demonstrate initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work independently in the field
• Capability to work with team members in various departments to achieve departmental goals and to resolve internal and external customer issues in a timely manner
• Must have and keep a valid driving license
• Position requires frequent travel within a region and occasionally anywhere within Canada.
• Availability after hours and weekends for on call support and installations as required (frequent)
• Must be physically able to move large boxes and equipment weighing up to 30Kg as well as perform installation work in cabinetry and elevated spaces as needed.
• Electronic, Robotics or Electro-mechanic college degree.
• Experience with pneumatic and robotics systems, troubleshooting and repair an asset.
• Experience with complex electronic control systems, troubleshooting and repair an asset.
• Experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry is an asset.
• Experience with Hospital Automation and healthcare automation is an asset
• Capacity to learn and understand the functions of McKesson APS equipment and apply learnings
• Employee will be using his own vehicle
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.