Our Banking Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Financial Analyst for a 6+ months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As a Financial Analyst, is responsible to support the Corporate Loan / Credit reporting business and operations. The position is accountable for the data integrity of the loan ledger, investigating report discrepancies, financial analysis, providing analytical support, and support user acceptance testing. Completes the month-end reconciliation processes and required accounting entries.
The Financial Analyst supports the Corporate Loan / Credit reporting business and operations. The position is accountable for the data integrity of the loan ledger, investigating report discrepancies, financial analysis, providing analytical support, and support user acceptance testing. Completes the month-end reconciliation processes and required accounting entries. Reviews booked deals and investigates and resolves / or escalates for resolution of any issues / problems which may impact the daily or monthly reporting requirements. Supports the team with ad hoc requirements.
*The initial focus will be on high priority items such as booking of the upfront fees that are backlogged, clearing the deficiency backlog, dealing with journal postings, assessments and documentation, and investigative work. Possibility of some project assistance work down the road.
• Knowledge of IFRS
• Knowledge of operational and control procedures of financial systems • Excel proficiency – pivots and v-lookups (no macros)
• Previous banking experience
• ACBS (Loan accounting book -Advanced Commercial Banking System)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment, with the mindset to change financial procedures and processes as necessary to meet such changes • Strong problem solving and analytical thinking to respond to non-routine queries • Effective interpersonal relations, including good teamwork/partnerships and relationship building • Ability to handle tight deadlines and heavy workload, the result of which is the requirement to work outside normal business hours.
• Analyze supporting documents, prepare upfront fee transactions for revenue recognition, and ensure the accounting treatment adheres to accounting policy.
• Work with Accounting Policy team to ensure fee policies adhere to current accounting standards.
• Participate in source system upgrade; communicate and provide detailed recommendations on observations and anomalies.
• Assist with business initiatives and projects, assisting in the development of new reports, and testing of new systems and or processes to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Respond to queries for the daily cash funding reconciliation between cash position and the general ledger for each org (product) unit to ensure accurate reporting.
• Provide related supporting/analytical activities to Front Office, Risk Management and Finance, which includes profit/loss decomposition by business line to ensure business partners understand the underlying drivers.
• Work closely with Central Processing Services to maintain integrity of loan data in source system.
• Review month end accounting entries and supporting schedules according to Accounting/control procedures to adhere to regulatory guidelines.
• Review daily controls and reconciliation of systems to GL to ensure accuracy.
• Meet and/or exceed all documented Service Level Agreements with business partners to ensure Service Excellence is achieved.
• Resolve any month-end issues related to the general ledger to ensure correct reporting.
• Perform root cause analysis and provide recommendations on process improvements.
Undergraduate University degree in Economics, Finance, Commerce, Accounting and/or recognized professional accounting designation (or working towards)
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”