Our client is one of North America’s leading Integrated Oil Companies. They have an immediate need for a Tax Analyst to join their team for a twelve (12) month contract opportunity. This role will be located in their downtown Calgary head office location.
REASON FOR OPENING/PROJECT:
Provide additional support Canadian Tax Compliance tax filings for June 30 Canadian Tax Research & Planning business unit for 12 months
This position requires a team-oriented candidate. The Tax Analyst is primarily responsible for the Canadian and International income tax compliance functions.
- Preparation of monthly income tax provision, current and deferred
- Preparation of tax rate reconciliation and deferred tax asset/liabilities analysis
- Preparation of tax returns for Canadian corporations and partnerships
- Liaison with Canada Revenue Agency auditors
- Assist with the contract review and approval process
- Assist with the withholding tax process
- Assist with tax component of annual budgeting process including cash tax installment forecasts
- Assist with Tax planning
- Coordination of monthly tax installments and other tax payments
- Other tax compliance and/or tax research as issues arise
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5-7 years financial and/or accounting experience required
- Enrolled in CICA In-Depth Tax Course I, II and III (is an asset)
- Chartered Accountant designation or equivalent
- Experience with tax provisions and tax financial reporting
- Experience with surplus calculations and foreign affiliate rules
- Excellent Excel skills is required
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Oil and gas industry experience is desirable
- Knowledge of SAP desirable
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communications skills
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Able to take initiative and self-motivation
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.