Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for a Financial Analyst to provide support to the Midstream and Downstream, Retail, Supply and Logistics team. This is an 8 month contract located at their Calgary office.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance & Accounting, Canadian Products Marketing, you will perform business analytical and consolidated financial reporting functions, contribute to business unit initiatives, and function as liaison on corporate processes with a variety of groups.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform various monthly/quarterly variance analysis and reporting including management summary, daily margin analysis, business unit, operational, capital, and ad hoc.
- Work with the business to identify and assist in implementation of corrective actions to close variances.
- Contribute to strategic planning, investment decisions, budgeting, and forecasting activities for the department.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and high-quality information flows smoothly to others.
- Provide financial information in support of business KPI's & industry benchmarking efforts.
- Prepare project economics/analytics and project post mortems.
- Conduct analysis and modeling in support of long range strategic planning and new initiatives.
- Constantly review and identify processes to improve both system and reporting efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Support the business in identifying and managing operational risk within the scope of Downstream accounting.
- Respond to ad hoc requests and participate in ad hoc projects as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Business/Accounting or equivalent area.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in business/financial analysis, preferably in the Oil & Gas Industry-Downstream.
- Solid knowledge of SAP or ERP financial reporting systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including advanced proficiency in Excel capabilities and strong use of PowerPoint.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Strict attention to detail and accuracy with a demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter able to perform under broad guidelines on delivery.
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Ability to apply innovation and initiative to problem-solving and trend analysis.
Nice to Haves
- CMA, CPA, or CFA designations would be an asset.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.