Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for a Financial Analyst to join their team for a 12-month contract located at their Calgary office.
You will be a key member of the Back Office team responsible for all finance, accounting and settlement functions required to support both the Crude Domestic business within the Trading, Supply & Logistics (TSL) organization. Crude Domestic is accountable for the supply and trading of Lease, Heavy and Light Crude Oil, Condensate, Long Haul Pipes, Mark to Market (MTM) and Offshore Barge Transport within Western Canada, US and Offshore. More specifically, you will be focused on the Heavy Book which manages the sale of heavy upstream production, heavy feedstock requirements for Canadian and US Refining/Upgrading, and optimization of the network of physical infrastructure. You will work closely with the Front and Middle Office and will be responsible for all accounting and finance aspects of the Heavy Book business including accounting, performance measurement reporting and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, reconciliations and balancing. You will act as a key thought partner to the Front and Middle Office decision makers, tasked to offer their unique perspective and guidance to influence decisions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate accounting of the assigned book through monthly accruals, actualization, reporting and analysis through collaboration with the business.
- Drive the change initiative of developing meaningful performance measurement reporting and analysis, including KPI development through collaboration with the Front and Middle Offices.
- Ensure the delivery of a cohesive explanation of operational results, including both quantitative and qualitative components for discussion.
- Support the actualization process from both a volume and price perspective
- Prepare and ensure accuracy and completeness of the monthly reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts.
- Own the preparation and submission of the long-range plan, quarterly forecast and mid-month estimate in partnership with the Front Office and the TSL Consolidation Financial Analyst.
- Collaborate in all future-centric initiatives; manage the change required through all relevant aspects (people, process and systems).
- Government and other regulatory reporting.
- Ensure best practice in business processes and related documentation.
- CPA Designation
- Advanced Excel and other computer skills with the ability to work within multiple systems and applications
- Advanced SAP and BW skills
- Five years of progressive experience in business / financial analysis
- Extremely passionate and motivated by change
- Uninhibited by challenge, disagreement and ambiguity
- Knowledge of MTM, US long haul pipes and Offshore barge transport method
Nice to Haves
- Confidence to challenge the status quo; ability to identify problems, develop and implement solutions
- Highly analytical and results driven
- Strong communication skills in securing relevant information/data
- Excellent business writing and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate across business functions in an effective and professional manner
- Proven ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals
- Ability to identify and resolve problems with minimal supervision
- Exceptional skills in effectively managing competing priorities, often under pressure and within rigid time constraints
- Experience in oil and gas marketing would be considered an asset
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.