Our terrific Energy client located in Lloydminster, Saskatchewan requires a Financial Analyst for a twelve month contract position. This role is scheduled to start in early 2019.
Candidates local to Lloydminster are strongly preferred. If you are not local to Lloydminster, please provide your reason(s) for your decision to re-locate to Lloydminster for this role, and what your expectations would be for timeline to relocate once offered the role.
REASON FOR OPENING/PROJECT:
- Backfill for 12 month Maternity Leave
- Team of 5 people and one manager with the desire to work collaboratively and effectively in a high-volume work environment
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
This position offers a great opportunity to work not only with senior management (developing leadership skills), it also provides opportunity to work with Heavy Oil operations (increasing business/industry knowledge) and become a stronger professional.
The main function of the Financial Analyst is to provide managers and supervisors in the Heavy Oil Business Unit with the financial information and analysis from which sound business decisions will be made. This includes monthly cost analysis financial budgeting, forecasting and preparation as well as other related accounting duties. This individual will be reporting to the Manager, Financial Accounting HOG, and will provide accounting expertise onsite. This role will require you to interact with a broad range of supervisors, managers as well as other related team members. The ability to work with a minimum of supervision, maintain excellent attendance performance and dependability will be considered assets
- Assistance in preparing the operating budget
- Quarterly forecasts
- Monthly cost and variance analysis
- Monthly reporting
- Month-end accounting including accruals and journal entries
- Compiling, preparing and delivering responses to Heavy Oil teams requesting information/input
- Ensuring corporate policies are adhered to as required
- Expert level Excel skills, intermediate Word and PowerPoint skills
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business, or similar
- 3+ years of experience in an Accounting or Finance role
- 3+ years of experience performing cost and variance analysis
- 3+ years of experience performing month-end accounting duties such as accruals and journal entries
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Oil & gas industry experience in a similar role
- Experience with SAP Financial and Controlling modules (FICO) would be an asset
- Strong written communication skills
- Above-average analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.