Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We have an immediate opening for a Firmware Engineer on 07-month assignment extensions beyond, in Vancouver, BC. Canada.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years of related experience as a firmware or embedded software developer
- Strong C programming skills
- Understanding of RTOS concepts including task switching, deadlocks, interrupts and resource management.
- CPU knowledge including: L1/L2 caching, MMUs and exceptions
- Experience with firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, and emulators
- Strong English communication skills
Highly Desired Skills:
- Experience developing a Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL)
- Experience with ARM (32 bit) processors
- Knowledge of design and implementation of multitasking, event driven firmware using C
- C++, assembly language, or Python
- Experience in storage protocols (SATA, SAS, or PCIe)
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.