Are you a detail-oriented accounting professional who’s looking forward to an assignment with a large corporation? Then you’d love to chat with us about your next rewarding and challenging assignment.
Our Oil & Gas client is looking for a Fixed Asset Accounting Advisor for Houston, Texas on contract assignment. This position Provides Works closely with the broader Capital Assets accounting team to prepare accurate and timely financials Leverages depth of technical expertise in fixed asset accounting and financial systems
Accountabilities & Required:
- Works closely with the broader Capital Assets accounting team to prepare accurate and timely financials Leverages depth of technical expertise in fixed asset accounting and financial systems to support business needs
- Limited travel to Canada during onboarding/training only
- 5+ years of fixed asset accounting experience in the oil and gas industry is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of fixed asset accounting policies and procedures in the oil and gas industry
- Strong experience with U.S. and Canadian regulatory practices and requirements (e.g., FERC, NEB, AER, OEB).
- Comfort with a highly consultative and analytical focus Robust working experience with Oracle ERP systems Knowledge of Power Plan preferred
- Prepare journal entries using Oracle, SAP, and/or Power Plan in support of fixed asset accounting develop timely, accurate actuals for fixed assets to support the business project management and decision-making
- Review ERP-based calculations for accuracy and consistency, identifying variances to
- Reporting group where applicable Assist Analysts with complex transactions/issue resolution, as needed E.g., for depreciation runs, classification of fixed assets, reconciliations, retirements, AROs Collaborate with Reporting team (within CA) to support preparation of financials (e.g., PPE roll-forward report)
- Liaise with internal stakeholders across U.S. and Canada to identify data needs, support Tax and Regulatory/Audit requirements
- Partner closely with IT/EFS to execute the month-end close and resolve systems issues
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.