Do you want to work for the largest Chemical Manufacturing company? They are currently looking for a Freight Payment Specialist to support their facility in Florham Park, New Jersey. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Freight Payment Specialist
Location: Florham Park, New Jersey
Duration: Until Aug. 2019 (possible extension)
- Candidate would be a member of the freight payment team, reporting into Transportation Management, with regional responsibility.
- Responsible for a defined mode of transportation as related to freight payment.
- Works closely with, Transportation Management, Business Unit Logistics, and Procurement functions.
- Identify root cause of errors and implement corrective actions.
- Analyze accrual rating vs payment.
This job is designed to ensure that freight accruals are booked accurately and our carrier base is paid timely.
- Manage carrier invoice exceptions, including assisting carriers, BU planners, and procurement.
- High volume including daily research, root cause analysis and resolution.
- Coach internal and external customers in support of data integrity and related processes, resulting in increased accuracy of freight accruals and payments.
- Perform daily analysis of standard SAP rating report, comparing SAP freight Accruals to 3rd party accruals and payments. Investigate root cause of discrepancies, perform remediation and communicate to upstream users, (including Procurement, Command Center, Customer Care and BU planners).
- Maintain ownership of freight cost documents.
- Act as a point of contact for the user community for updating/changing/deleting freight cost documents as required due to changes in shipments.
- Responsible for booking all refunds received from various sources.
- Associate degree required in Finance, Logistics, Accounting/Business OR 5 years of working experience related to transportation/logistics and freight costing and/or carrier contracts.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge Logistic Procurement preferred.
- Strong knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system software processes required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel required, knowledge of other Microsoft office software desired.
- Must work well on cross functional teams.
- Ability to perform a root cause analysis and remediation desired.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical experience and attention to details.
An understanding of Domestic Surface Truck and Rail processes and contracts is strongly desired.
- An understanding of reporting databases is beneficial
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.