Our client, a leader in North America’s midstream market is looking for a Gas Controller to work in their Calgary office for a one (1) year contract position. Ideally you would have previous gas control room experience, or you are someone who has gas plant control room experience.
- Monitor and control the BC Pipeline on a 24 hour basis
- To maintain pipeline operating conditions in a safe, reliable state so that pipeline system integrity is established to meet business demands
- The position will be required to make decisions related to the operation of pipeline and compression facilities with a minimum of supervision and assistance.
- Technical degree/diploma in instrumentation or electrical field, or relevant operations experience
- Must be able to work 12 hour day and night shifts, on a continuous rotation
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working independently in an isolated work environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 2-5 years of electrical, instrumentation or control experience
- 2-5 years of gas industry operational experience
- Knowledge of SCADA operating systems
- Demonstrated decision making skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Well developed knowledge of the SET West Pipeline systems
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- 2 years of experience in a control room environment
- Effective team skills.
- Candidates must consider there will be occasional stressful situations requiring well developed conflict resolution skills.
- Flexibility in the work schedule is required in this role. The position may not work the standard Gas Control shift as they may be providing pre-scheduled vacation coverage and occasional sick time relief as needed, along with participating in other gas control related initiatives.
- The above profile is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of accountabilities, qualifications, or other aspects of the job.
- If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
- Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.