Our client is one of the Water and Process Technologies companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for The Sourcing Specialist II who will work closely with assigned Sourcing Managers and product segments as the local owner for assigned commodity(s). These responsibilities include the execution of strategies to ensure realization of the business objectives for assigned commodity within the purchase family, which includes the Cost of Bill of Materials, Target Costing and Should-Be Costing activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing & executing the local sourcing strategies that delivers a competitive advantage driving the strategic supplier initiatives.
- This includes supplier selection, development, and supplier consolidation to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance.
- Driving sourcing execution for assigned commodity(s) or suppliers, including full accountability for buy and meeting deflation targets.
- Performing detailed cost analysis of components & manufacturing processes used by our suppliers to ensure highest quality at the lowest cost solution.
- Monitoring supplier quality and delivery performance and developing improvement strategies to ensure business needs are met.
- Partnering with key local business stakeholders to ensure sourced material and services meet the needs of the business.
- Driving improvements in sourcing processes including escalations due to delivery quality issues, invoicing payable issues, and database management.
- Specific to Direct Sourcing responsibilities: Driving sourcing strategic initiatives to ensure optimal cost productivity, fulfillment, and obsolescence life-cycle management by leveraging standardization and latest industry practices.
- Building deep relationships with Strategic Suppliers Relationships driving early supplier engagement into New Product Introduction (NPI) process, and long-term partnership for wing-to-wing product life cycle.
- Specific to Indirect Sourcing responsibilities: Driving business productivity metrics affected by indirect sourcing, ensuring accuracy, identifying new areas of opportunity to drive cost out, implement operating efficiency or improve productivity, including leading bullet trains within the P&L. Affecting improvement in sourcing processes through digitization and simplification including management employee communication, policy recommendations or management dashboards for individual spend controls.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering technical discipline, or 5 years work experience in the assigned commodity
- 3 years work experience with technical depth knowledge in assigned commodities.
- 3 years of Commercial Sourcing or Supply Chain experience