We have an immediate opening for a “Software Engineer” for a 12-month opportunity in Plano, TX.
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related computer field
- 5+ years’ experience developing software for complex systems or computerized products
- Experience in Database Deployment, tuning, development, testing over Internet connections
- Expertise with Python language
- Experience with internet protocols (e.g. SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, Telnet)
- Experience configuring open source web servers (Apache) and/or Windows based servers (services, IP configuration, port settings, firewalls, passwords, user accounts)
- Experience developing user interfaces
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Master’s degree in computer science, Engineering or related computer field
- Experience with MySQL database query tools or equal
- Windows Server 2012 experience
- PHP scripting language
- Cloud environments such as AWS database Services would be plus
- Experience in/with the following: design, setup, installation, and implementation of databases in large scale environments; routine database maintenance including backups, restores, re-indexing, integrity checks, jobs, alerts, processes, etc.
- Being self-sufficiency and using initiative working on database-related projects
- Implementing and documenting database processes such as component migration, failover, and disaster recovery models Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Database design principles, practices and methods
- Security/permission standards
- Database Encryption techniques
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted