We have an immediate opening for a “Technical Writer” for a 6 months contract assignment in Issaquah, WA
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for working independently and with Subject Matter Experts on materials for our Service Repair Manual.
Strong writing skills, namely a command of grammar, syntax, diction, and the conventions and best practices of writing a variety of technical documents.
Support existing product lines including legacy instrumentation and New Products.
Work with Field Engineers (audience) and Subject Matter Experts to improve existing documentation.
- Experienced reading technical drawings and dimensioning
- Experienced with mechanical assembly processes
- Experienced prioritizing multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal, reading and writing skills (English)
- Proficient using MS Office Word, basic HTML. Experience with MadCap a plus.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with little or no supervision
- Experienced writing, updating, and improving technical instructions
- Experience with electronic hardware function, integration and communication a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE/JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a high-tech repair service environment or equivalent experience
- Good Communication Skills including ability to document repair procedures
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.