We have an immediate opening for a “UX Designer” for a 06 months contract assignment in Marlborough, MA
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
• Work with UI developers, product managers and project teams to design the visuals and workflows for a suite of software products based on various automation platforms (i.e. Rockwell, Emerson, etc.)
• Work with project teams to plan and conduct user research to uncover new opportunities, evaluate designs and develop user experience and design recommendations
• Effectively communicate your innovative ideas to project teams and stakeholders through sketches, wireframes, prototypes and presentations
• Apply your strong understanding of the life sciences market, including design and technology trends in industrial automation to improve product user experiences
• Clearly communicate workflows, design value and rationale to engineering and business stakeholders
• Review and evaluate designs for compliance with GE HC design guidelines and standards; provide ongoing feedback to improve product quality and user experience
• Share and collaborate with global design and user experience teams working across Life Sciences and Healthcare
• 8+ years of product UI/UX design experience; Healthcare/Life Sciences experience is a plus
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Interaction, Graphic, Industrial Design and/or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
• An incurable curiosity relating to all things design and user experience
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and time management skills
• Good understanding and experience in methodologies for design expression and validation, including hand sketching, prototyping, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Rockwell PLCs, PlantPAX, FactoryTalk Batch, Delta-V (Emerson) and related software; experience with ISA standards such as S-88 (Batch Control) and 101 (Human-Machine Interfaces) is a plus
• Expertise in human-centered design and user research methodologies
• Ability to confidently present your designs to internal teams and customers
• An amazing portfolio