Our Public client is looking for a Guidewire Technical Lead for a contract ending 23 August 2019 in Toronto, ON
1. Work with management to in the construction and delivery of technology-enabled applications, products and high quality services that adhere to quality management and development standards. This includes:
- Providing details to business/technical issues and ensure that design specifications meet architecture and requirements specifications and that development schedules are also met;
- Providing high quality technical documentation, presenting it clearly to interested parties, and providing knowledge transfer to team members.
2. Interact with the technical teams by:
- Providing feedback, testing and change/implementation review and walkthroughs.
- Work with system solutions to handle confidential data/information and transfers between WSIB and service providers;
- Performing system installations and software testing;
- Translating logical data model to physical data model
- Conducting technical and detailed design walkthroughs and code reviews;
- Functioning in a support capacity, communicating options for resolution of software issues.
3. Collaborate with project or support teams by:
- Defining data models and processing models based on the business requirements in order to meet the needs of the organization's information requirements and helping to determine data requirements, normalization, structure and distribution.
- Participating in defects meetings;
- Supporting all testing, code drop release notes and the implementation of development components.
- Providing timely reporting on work progress status to the project manager, team lead and/or manager.
4. Following the software development methodology (agile) and databases standards.
Knowledge & Skills
- University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Guidewire products (PolicyCenter, BillingCenter, ClaimCenter), preferably version 7.0, in technical consultant/lead role during implementation and maintenance phases
- 10+ years experience in design, build, configure, deploy, support, and maintenance of Enterprise solutions
- 5+ years experience in Java based technologies with general knowledge of specific components such as Authentication/Authorization, Active Directory, LDAP, CICS Transaction Gateway, JMS, MQ, JDBC, FTP, Mail etc.
- 5+ years experience in developing business applications that have transaction data in ORACLE and / or SQL DB
- 5+ years experience in distributed system integration technologies that span various platforms and operating systems
- 5+ years experience in HTTP/S, FTP technologies including Secure FTP, FTPS, sFTP etc
- 5+ years of experience in Redhat Enterprise Linux Server 5.x/6.x and AIX 5/7.x Operating system
- Strong troubleshooting capability
- Excellent communication skills to interact with business users, functional and technical teams and SMEs.
- Strong knowledge sharing and knowledge transferring skills
- Ability to work in an environment of high growth and constant challenges.
- Good team player who takes instructions, can work in a fast pace project team with good listening skills
- 5+ years experience in IBM WebSphere MQ / WebSphere Message Broker products