Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Information Technology company.
We are looking for a Hadoop Developer to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: 5115 Creekbank Road Mississauga
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Extensive practical experience with Scala, Spark and Kafka.
- Responsible or the development, design, and implementation of application systems. Designs and codes programs, including the ability to test their coding, find errors, and correct codes to provide quality coding. Interfaces with technical team to design and implement application systems.
- Participate in all aspects of Big Data solution delivery life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing, production deployment, and support
- Develop standardized practices for delivering new products and capabilities using Big Data technologies, including data acquisition, transformation, and analysis
- Ensure Big Data practices integrate into overall data architectures and data management principles (e.g. data governance, data security, metadata, data quality)
- Create formal written deliverables and other documentation, and ensure designs, code, and documentation are aligned with enterprise direction, principles, and standards
- Train and mentor teams in the use of the fundamental components in the Hadoop stack
- Assist in the development of comprehensive and strategic business cases used at management and executive levels for funding and scoping decisions on Big Data solutions
- Troubleshoot production issues within the Hadoop environment
- Performance tuning of a Hadoop processes and applications
- Proven experience as a Hadoop Developer/Analyst in Business Intelligence and Data management production support space is needed.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.