Do you feel like you have the perfect combination of a deep understanding of big data, and outstanding problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills? Do you have at least 5 years of experience in the data science industry and are interested in machine learning and predictive maintenance? Are you experienced with leading collaborative and diverse teams? Then we would love to discuss an opportunity with you for our Midstream client for their office in Calgary, AB.
As the new Head of Data you’ll bring deep understanding of big data to our client’s Technology + Innovation Lab and manage a team of data scientists and engineers in building and enabling analytics solutions. Our client builds advanced technology products to deliver energy in a safe and reliable way to fuel a rapidly innovating world. In our client’s new Technology + Innovation Lab they believe in an Agile way of working, focus on their people and value craftsmanship, in a ‘work is play’ environment where a flexible, fun, and modern working style is offered to support individual needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- You’ll use state of the art data science and data engineering expertise to help craft Lab strategy and operations to drive large-scale business impact across a broad scope of the business in a complex environment.
- You’ll lead a collaborative and diverse team of 10-20 Data Scientists across multiple product teams to design, develop, and implement end-to-end machine learning production pipelines.
- You’ll make cross-Lab recommendations for practices that ensure data pipelines are scalable, repeatable, and secure, and can serve multiple users within the company
Skills and Qualifications:
- You have several years of experience (minimum 5) in industry data science, with an interest in machine learning and predictive maintenance.
- You’re capable of architecting highly scalable distributed systems, using different open source tools.
- You know how to design data warehouses and/or data lakes with big data technologies such as MapReduce, MongoDB or Cassandra.
- You have a deep understanding of high-performance algorithms and R statistical software.
- You have a Master’s or PhD in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline.
- You are an excellent problem solver with outstanding critical thinking, and communication skills.
- You have experience in developing presentations and communications to be shared with internal and external partners.
- You’ll be based in an office environment with occasional travel to other Lab locations.
- You’ll be part of a pressurized environment, working to tight deadlines.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.