Head of Technology
Our client’s Technology + Innovation Lab works with data that powers their products to improve safety and reliability. By working hands-on with groundbreaking technology, the lab pioneers the development of innovative products through small agile teams. Their teams incorporate a variety of multidisciplinary skills, including industrial predictive algorithms, machine learning, and sentiment analysis.
As the new Head of Technology, you’ll be a senior leader in the T+IL. You'll bring deep technology expertise and a track record of working with engineering, product management and other senior leaders to introduce and embed a world-class product development and engineering culture and organization.
Who you are
- You have significant experience in Senior engineer and technology roles (10+ years) working with product development teams, delivering and building digital products
- You have a track record of hiring, onboarding, and developing engineering and product teams
- You coach, facilitate, and guide others to do the right thing
- You’re an authority in product development for web and mobile with hands on experience coding in with web and JS frameworks
- You have expertise in Agile software development methodologies and processes
- You understand the digital technology space and stay up-to-date on trends and technologies
- You have experience working with teams using DevOps and continuous delivery
- You understand information security vulnerabilities and risk management
- You can articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You’re an ambitious, organized self-starter who is self-motivated, but also a phenomenal teammate
- You exude professional presence and a passion for digital, notably around user experience and continuously improving status quo
- You have a people-first philosophy
- You hold a related university degree or a two-year technical diploma
What you’ll do
- You’ll craft Lab strategy and operations to drive large-scale business impact across a broad scope of the business in a complex environment
- You’ll coach, mentor and inspire tech leads and developers within the Technology + Innovation Lab
- You’ll establish and provide direct assistance for our teams with product roadmap strategy
- You’ll lead the development and/or implementation of technical solutions for the Technology + Innovation Lab, leading to products that help inform and improve business decisions
- You’ll evaluate and identify appropriate technology stacks and platforms, including web application frameworks and cloud providers, for use by the entire Technology + Innovation Lab and, in some cases, the broader organization (in conjunction with relevant TWGs)
- You’ll guide and coach on Agile techniques and ways of working to help continuously improve teams and software development process, and work with Senior Agile Coach to help shape those processes
- You’ll establish and coach teams on performance, quality and security conventions and standards
- You’ll provide guidance and insight to product teams to establish governance processes, direction and control to ensure objectives are achieved and risks are handled appropriately for product development
- You’ll encourage contribution to open source software development, standardization of technologies, and evolution of best practices by collaborating with peers, releasing code, presenting at conferences, and writing for publication
How you’ll work
- You’ll be based in an office environment with occasional travel to other Lab locations
- You’ll be part of a pressurized environment, working to tight deadlines
This company builds advanced technology products to deliver energy in a safe and reliable way to fuel a rapidly innovating world. In their new Technology + Innovation Lab they believe in Agile way of working, focus on their people and value craftsmanship, in a ‘work is play’ environment where they offer a flexible, fun, and modern working style to support individual needs.
Apply now to start a career with unlimited potential!