Do you have extensive technology expertise, and feel comfortable working with senior leaders from different areas to create a world-class product development and engineering culture, and organization? Do you have 10+ years of experience in senior engineer and technology roles with product development teams to build and deliver digital products? Then we would love to discuss an opportunity with you for our Midstream client for their office in Calgary, AB.
Our client's teams incorporate a variety of multidisciplinary skills, including industrial predictive algorithms, machine learning, and sentiment analysis.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- You’ll craft Lab strategy and operations to drive large-scale business impact across a broad scope of the business in a complex environment.
- You’ll coach, mentor and inspire tech leads and developers within the Technology + Innovation Lab.
- You’ll establish and provide direct assistance for our teams with product roadmap strategy.
- You’ll lead the development and/or implementation of technical solutions for the Technology + Innovation Lab, leading to products that help inform and improve business decisions.
- You’ll evaluate and identify appropriate technology stacks and platforms, including web application frameworks and cloud providers, for use by the entire Technology + Innovation Lab and, in some cases, the broader organization (in conjunction with relevant TWGs).
- You’ll guide and coach on Agile techniques and ways of working to help continuously improve teams and software development process, and work with Senior Agile Coach to help shape those processes.
- You’ll establish and coach teams on performance, quality and security conventions and standards.
- You’ll provide guidance and insight to product teams to establish governance processes, direction and control to ensure objectives are achieved and risks are handled appropriately for product development.
- You’ll encourage contribution to open source software development, standardization of technologies, and evolution of best practices by collaborating with peers, releasing code, presenting at conferences, and writing for publications
Skills and Qualifications:
- You have significant experience in Senior engineer and technology roles (10+ years) working with product development teams, delivering and building digital products.
- You have a track record of hiring, onboarding, and developing engineering and product teams.
- You coach, facilitate, and guide others to do the right thing.
- You’re an authority in product development for web and mobile with hands on experience coding in with web and JS frameworks.
- You have expertise in Agile software development methodologies and processes.
- You understand the digital technology space and stay up-to-date on trends and technologies.
- You have experience working with teams using DevOps and continuous delivery.
- You understand information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- You can articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You’re an ambitious, organized self-starter who is self-motivated, but also a phenomenal teammate.
- You exude professional presence and a passion for digital, notably around user experience and continuously improving status quo.
- You have a people-first philosophy.
- You hold a related university degree or a two-year technical diploma.
- You’ll be based in an office environment with occasional travel to other Lab locations.
- You’ll be part of a pressurized environment, working to tight deadlines.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.