Our Midstream client is looking for a Head of Design for a full time permanent opportunity, for their office in Downtown Calgary. As the Head of Design, you’ll serve as a deep technical specialist in the field of design who also leads a team of technical specialists in driving tremendous impact across a broad business scope.
Skills and Qualifications:
• You’re able to design clear and creative frames to guide team
• You have excellent graphical and visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of software
• You’ve conducted user research, usability testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping
• You’re familiar with agile software development process
• You’re an ambitious self-starter who is self-motivated, but also a great teammate with a professional presence
• You possess strong interpersonal skills with ability to articulate and optimize design based on the value to the user and the business
• You’re able to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
• You display a strong sense of ownership of solution and not afraid to speak up to ensure the user angle is heard by the product owner
• You’re open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset to span across UI design, strategy and testing
• You’re passionate about resolving user pain points through phenomenal design
• You recognize value in iterative approach to design
• You’ll be experienced in design (5+ years, with incumbents typically possessing 10+ years) and hold a related university degree or a two-year technical diploma
Duties and Responsibilties:
• You’ll lead all design aspects of the Lab, supporting teams in critical design decisions and requirements and developing overarching and scalable design strategies to be adopted by designers on product teams to drive significant business impact in a complex, cross-functional environment and across a broad business scope
• You'll manage a team of 5-10 product-level designers through mentoring, feedback, and product design
• You’ll review wireframes and story boards for digital products and provide strategic design direction based on deep functional expertise to designers and product owners from individual product teams
• You’ll work to ensure designers on product teams clearly articulate design needs and key decisions to business partners across markets and brands collaborating closely with Product Owners, thereby facilitating key business decisions around product design and usability
• You’ll design elegant and delightful product experiences as part of a cross-functional agile product teams
• You’ll research, identify and articulate customer needs in a way that can be used across product teams
• You’ll build prototypes and design tests to validate customer needs, requirements and behaviours
• You’ll collaborate with Product Owners to define both long and short-term vision and roadmap for digital products
• You’ll collaborate with other designers within and across teams to problem solve design challenges and maintain a level of design consistency and coherence across products
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences. Please get in touch. This position comes with a competitive compensation package and benefits..
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.