310T Heavy Duty Mechanic (Lac La Biche, AB)
- Lac La Biche, AB
- Relocation Bonus or Fly In, Fly Out; Camp facilities available
- Certification of Qualification or Red Seal required
- Permanent, 7/7 schedule, min 12-hour days
- $45 per hour, OT after 8 hours Daily
- Company Paid Benefits, Education Assistance Available
- Uniforms, Tool Insurance and PPE supplied
Do you want to be apart of a company that sees you as family? Do you have core values that you want reflected in the place you work?
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a client that is a family-owned and operated business that puts Safety above all else. They truly care about their team members and treat not just them, but their families as their family too. They take great pride in the quality of work that they do, highly-detailed oriented and do not cut corners, no matter what. They help each other, their community and customers to reach their full potentials.
As our new Journeyman Mechanic, you will be mostly in the shop (70%) but will be taking a turn at service work as well (30%) to On Road equipment. You will be responsible to troubleshoot, repair, adjust, overhaul and maintain heavy and light duty fleets. Most of the work is on custom built Combo Units like Hot Oilers and Hydro Vacs.
You will be:
- Reporting directly to the Team Leader, Mechanical Services
- Completing preventative maintenance and diagnose and complete repairs on all company equipment in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner that are not covered under warranty
- Completing all required paperwork and remain in compliance with all company, manufacture, and legislative requirements
- Teaching and mentoring Apprentices at different levels by ensuring that they are properly trained on service and repairs
- Responding to a 24-hour business that consists of routine work that can be punctuated by very busy periods as well as emergency situations
- Traveling and driving during all weather conditions and to various work sites
- Lifting heavy tools and parts, and working at heights of more than 6 feet
Why this is the right job for you…
You can follow directions and express your concerns and ideas clearly, both written and verbal. You can work on your own and be an effective team member that contributes positively to achieve the goals of the team. You’re able to exercise good judgement, be proactive and when necessary, react quickly in emergency situations. You can manage relationships, resolve issues and conflicts in an effective, inclusive, transparent, consistent and calm manner. You foster and encourage trust, communication and respect with those around you. You’re not afraid to ask questions and admit when you’ve made a mistake; open-mind, honest, supportive and accountable are some of the words you use to describe yourself. You know you don't know everything and want to learn more. Most importantly, you would never put yourself or others at risk, safety is of upmost importance to you.
- Certification of Qualification Journeyman 310T Truck and Coach Technician
- At least 5 years of progressive experience at a Journeyman level
- Preference to previous Oilfield or Dealership experience
- Class 1A / AZ or 3A / DZ license with clean Driver’s Abstract
- Own tools and willing to use for work
- Must hold CVIP license
- Certifications or previous training in: WHMIS, CSTS, Fall Protection, H2S Alive, First Aid, or other relevant safety training
Are you interested in seeing if this is for you? Please apply or call us today!
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. You can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861.