- Milton, Ontario
- Permanent, Day Shift, 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- $25 to $29 per hour depending on experience
- Stable Work Environment, Opportunity for Advancement to Leadership Positions
- Overtime Available, Boot Allowance, 100% Company Paid Benefits
- Relocation Assistance Available
Do you like to be hands on, all day long? Do you like to tear down machinery and build it back up, seeing all your efforts lead to a job completed to the highest standard and don’t mind getting dirty in the process? Well we have the best job for you!
Ian Martin Workforce is working with the leading bus repair and refurbishment specialists in Canada. They have been in business for over 45 years using some of the most specialized equipment in the industry. You will always be busy with their 60-bay, over 100,00 square foot facility with custom built paint spray booths and paint prep stalls.
As our new Fabricator, you will enjoy working independent, performing major refurbishments and repair work to transit and coach buses, including major rebuilds, to increase their lifespan.
Your tasks will include:
- Working with Shop Manager to determine the scope and direction of each project
- Cutting, welding, bending, and manufacturing various bus paneling, service doors and other components
- Metal working with Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Mild Steel, and Expanded Metal
- Measuring exact parts dimensions and fabricating replicas based on outlined measurements
- Fitting paneling and installing various components to bus bodies
- Reading engineering drawings and schematics to fabricate components
Working with Ian Martin Group to Find Your Next Career
We’re a big company with a lot of history, but with a personalized approach and a genuine interest in finding you your perfect fit. We work with companies that take a lot of pride in what they do – just like us. We will support you through the interview process as well as your first couple of months on the job. We are here for you as much as we are for the companies we work with.
- Previous experience in fabricating various metals that include aligning, fitting, welding, measuring, layout and inspecting parts, marking cutting lines, studying specifications, gathering materials and operating machinery
- Experience using various hand and power tools including blowtorches, shears, grinders, power saws, welders, brakes, band saws and workshop presses
- High standards of quality
- Comfortable working alone and a commitment to safety
- Reliable with a positive attitude and self-motivated
Are you ready to apply and feel you fit the criteria above?
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. Or you can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861. If you text, please include your name and position you’re interested in.