This is for a 6 month contract, with the option of converting into a permanent employee after 6 months. Must be open to working weekends.
Our client is a full-service Network Operations Centre and Helpdesk company. Headquartered in Ontario, Canada and servicing North America and Overseas.
They are seeking a full-time technical NOC and Helpdesk Specialist to the growing team. This is an in-office role and requires experience with PSA/RMM tools with a focus on Managed IT Services based on NOC and HelpDesk Operations.
- Handling phone service calls from clients requiring assistance
- Providing remote technical support to all clients at various different support levels
- Responding to technical alert notifications on client servers and network appliances
- Creating and managing technical tickets
- Managing IT related alerts and notifications
- Coordinating with other team members
- Working to build best-in-breed managed technical solutions
Technical Skill Requirements:
- PSA Tools such as Autotask, ConnectWise
- RMM Tools such as AEM, Labtech
- Excellent knowledge of Managed IT Services concepts including integrations and central management of tools
- Windows Server 2003-2012 (including R2)
- MS Hyper-V, VMWare ESXi
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Excellent knowledge and experience with backup technologies such as Windows Server Backup, VEEAM, BackupExec, Acronis
- Networking appliances such as commercial-grade firewalls, switches, routers, etc.
- experience with internet / networking concepts such as VPN, Public DNS, Dynamic DNS
- Office 365
Additional Technical Skills to mention:
- Experience with linux considered an asset
- Knowledge of hosting concepts considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with both IT and business personnel.- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Desire to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail
- A self starter and able to drive tasks