High Pressure Operator (Lac La Biche, AB)
- Lac La Biche, AB
- Relocation Bonus or Fly In, Fly Out (FIFO) with Camp provided
- Min 3 years experience operating and maintaining high pressure pumps
Class 1A / AZ Driver’s License required
- Permanent, 21 / 10 schedule
- $32 to $38 per hour depending on experience, OT after 8 hours Daily
- Company Paid Benefits, Education Assistance Available
- Uniforms and PPE supplied
Do you want to be apart of a company that sees you as family? Do you have core values that you want reflected in the place you work?
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a client that is a family-owned and operated business that puts Safety above all else. They truly care about their team members and treat not just them, but their families as their family too. They take great pride in the quality of work that they do, highly-detailed oriented and do not cut corners, no matter what. They help each other, their community and customers to reach their full potentials.
As our new High Pressure Operator, you will be mostly operating a variety of equipment in the field (85%) while completing all required paperwork and ensuring your are keeping accurate records (15%). You will be responsible for operating fleet equipment and being an excellent representation of the company to customers while out on site. For those that are more experienced Operators, there is an expectation that you would aid, provide guidance and hands on training to new Operators and Swampers. This would be done under the supervision and direction of the Supervisor and/or Lead Hand.
You will be:
- Reporting directly to the Supervisor, Field Operations
- Drive equipment in a safe and professional manner obeying all traffic rules at all times
- Execute tasks in a safe and effective manner in accordance with company Policies and Procedures
- Maintain all equipment and tools to the required standards
- Ensure all training requirements are up to date and current
- Participate fulling in company safety program
- Complete pre and post unit checks in accordance with company requirements and schedules
- Clean fleet equipment
- Operate attachments and working components such as pumps and valves
- Ensure all work completed follows manufacturer, legislative, customer and company requirements
- Follow direction from Supervisor
- Confer with supervisor and scheduling and planning regarding all work and ensure proper direction is received. Never undertake a task you are not competent to perform.
- Complete all required company and customer documentation, including but not limited to LEM’s, log books, and time sheets.
- Work with other field personnel or customer personnel.
- Act in a courteous manner in order to project a positive company image.
- Assist with other duties as required from time to time.
Why this is the right job for you…
You can follow directions and express your concerns and ideas clearly, both written and verbal. You can work on your own and be an effective team member that contributes positively to achieve the goals of the team. You’re able to exercise good judgement, be proactive and when necessary, react quickly in emergency situations. You can manage relationships, resolve issues and conflicts in an effective, inclusive, transparent, consistent and calm manner. You foster and encourage trust, communication and respect with those around you. You’re not afraid to ask questions and admit when you’ve made a mistake; open-mind, honest, supportive and accountable are some of the words you use to describe yourself. Most importantly, you would never put yourself or others at risk, safety is of upmost importance to you.
- Minimum of 3 years experience operating and maintaining high pressure pumps (e.g. changing, packing, plungers, stuffing box, valves and seals)
- Experience operating dump guns, flex and rigid lance systems, 3D tools – gamma jet, warthog, BJV, roto fans.
- Must have experience in tank cleaning, exchanger cleaning and line cleaning
- Class 1A / AZ or Class 3A / DZ Driver’s license with clean Driver’s Abstract
- Several years of progressive experience in a trucking industry where analytical thinking and customer relationship management were considered crucial
- Certifications or previous training in: WHMIS, CSTS, Fall Protection, H2S Alive, First Aid, or other relevant safety training
- Flexible to meet the needs of a 24-hour business when scheduled
- Able to participate in confined space – vessel entry
- Able to travel as required and drive in all acceptable weather conditions to various worksites
- Able to lift heavy tools and parts
- Able to work at heights of more than 6 feet
- Are able to handle multiple demands, shifting priorities, working under pressure to meet short deadlines, emergency situations, and routine work that is punctuated by very busy periods.
- Excellent working knowledge of occupational health and safety and Alberta driving regulations are required.
Are you interested in seeing if this is for you? Please apply or call us today!
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. You can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861.