The Compensation Specialist will act as a subject matter expert in the field of compensation. The position provides compensation consulting support to human resource operating groups and ensures the consistent and equitable administration of pay across the organization through the effective stewardship of policies and programs. The role is responsible for the research and development of best practices related to compensation and integrated talent management.
- Advise HR Advisory Services, HR Business Partners and potentially Business Managers on complex compensation issues; consult with and make recommendations to address specific compensation issues & questions and to ensure that compensation practices/programs
- Develop, model, analyze and align compensation programs and policies (including base pay, variable compensation programs, equity programs) to meet business objectives. Creates complex financial models and analyzes results. Explains the results in clear, concise terms
- Analyzes effectiveness of pay programs and makes recommendations to optimize and/or remove ineffective plans. Prepares reports with rationale and conclusions.
- Develop and document supporting policies, processes and procedures.
- Participate in the execution of the annual compensation cycle system set up, plan administration, reporting and award communication along with the HR Cycle team
- Identify leading practices and opportunities for improvement in compensation practices, processes and procedures
- Lead and/or participate in the completion of compensation surveys and other special compensation studies for purposes of maintaining the company’s competitive position within the market place
- Mentor junior compensation team members through daily activities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting degree or appropriate undergraduate degree.
- Minimum 10 years experience as specialist or internal consultant
- Directly related experience working as a Compensation Analyst or Specialist. Asset if experience from the oil and gas industry
- Progressively responsible human resources experience in all facets of the profession, preferably in an energy industry
- Demonstrated knowledge and awareness of enterprise wide issues and challenges to ensure broad perspective is applied in issue resolution or solution development
- Strong leadership, planning, team, interpersonal, negotiation, and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of job and compensation design principles
- Business acumen and awareness of leading edge activities in the field of compensation and benefits
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.