Our reputed oil and gas client has an immediate opening for an HR Functional Analyst, for their office in Downtown Edmonton.
High Level Overview:
- The role is accountable for the comprehensive administration of HR processes critical to client service delivery as required by the central functions team of HR Advisory Advisors and Specialists. The incumbent provides effective support of critical HR Advisory functions and/or projects requiring close collaboration with e-wide HR teams and other COE’s.
- The role will provide flexible and effective solutions within a dynamic team environment while managing a broad range of daily activities. Utilization of the case management system (Neocase) and entering basic workforce transactions into the HRIS system (Workday) is a key component of the role
- Responsible for the investigation, problem-solving, processing and maintenance of HCM (Human Capital Management) position management requirements. This includes but not limited to:
- Position creation and maintenance
- Employee Job and Compensation Changes
- Validation of supervisory organization assignments
- Downstream LTD actions
- Ability to provide guidance to people leaders and HR Advisory team memebers with transactional Workday activity related to Employee Changes
- Actively engage in the process of continuous improvement and harmonization as a subject matter expert in a broad range of HCM policies, procedures, programs and practices across HR Advisory Services.
- Able to recommend solutions to efficient day to day processes/procedures and support audit requests from internal HR stakeholders as required
- Ensures the consistent interpretation and application of HR policies, procedures, and guidelines across the organization
- Accountable for the creation of internal employment letters for placements
- Assist with the delivery and support of key annual cycle activities with aligned HR Advisor/Specialist (ie. Operational Workforce Budgeting, Goal Setting, Performance Management, Talent Review & Succession, Compensation etc.)
- Maintains in depth knowledge of annual cycle tools and functionality while responding directly to client and escalated myHR inquiries as needed
- Prepares, on an ad-hoc basis, reports in support of HR Advisory Services day to day support, projects or initiatives
- Provides termination support (severance package / calculations, outplacement and logistics support) as required
- Project Support to Specialists and Advisors as required
- Support Process mapping and documentation as required.
- Data entering within Workday impacts a number of downstream groups including (Payroll, Benefits, Absence, unions etc)
- Will handle a plethora of divergent issues /Inquiries
- Ability to respond effectively to routine issues /Inquiries and to make sound decisions guided by past practices, policies and guidelines
- Constant interaction with employees enterprise wide
- Daily interaction with other members of HR People Operations including all Tier 1 & 2 groups (benefits, pension, payroll, DI, T&E)
- Regular interaction with Tier 3 groups (HRBP, COEs)
- Periodic contact with outside stakeholders (ie Outplacement Services, Service Canada etc)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in HR, or Business Management or a related field
- 2-4 years pervious HR experience in a support capacity
- Experience working in and with Workday and with customer relationship management (CRM) systems like Neocase is considered an asset
- Resourceful and highly results oriented with analytical, evaluation, problem solving, and facilitation skills.
- Strong computing skills including proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Well-developed prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and complex issues with sound judgment, tact, and discretion
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail with a demonstrated high degree of accuracy
- Ability to listen carefully to others, while being polite, courteous and respectful in interactions
- Ability to collect sufficient information to understand problems and issues
- Demonstrates awareness of the business and the work group’s goals
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, methods, and practices
- Ability to liaise with all levels of employees across the organization (North America and International)
- Demonstrates a willingness to implement new ideas within acceptable boundaries
- Working towards CHRP designation
- Experience working within a large diverse organization
- Typical Office environment
- Tight deadlines, a demanding work schedule and conflicting job priorities
- Subject to extended hours from time to time
- Deals with sensitive issues (e.g. policy noncompliance, employee disciplinary matters)
- High levels of responsibility for the accurance and completeness of work performed
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.