Our utility client in Erie, Pennsylvania is looking to hire a HR Generalist II for a 06-month contract role.
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
- Delivers excellent customer service and leverages business unit knowledge and interaction with peers to ensure business unit objectives are met while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality on projects and when dealing with employee information. Demonstrates a solid commitment to safety. Provides support to higher level professionals and management and actively seeks learning opportunities to better understand practices and procedures.
- Has an understanding of and ability to interpret HR policies and procedures, including applicable Federal, State and Local laws. Provides support on HR-related topics including employee relations matters, disciplinary actions, employee engagement and talent management initiatives, while ensuring compliance with HR policies and procedures. Understanding of and provide support of the medical case management and return to work programs with the local health care center or medical case management company.
- Moderate understanding of performance management programs, employee benefits and compensation beneficial. Will conduct separations and retirement interviews to ensure they are processed timely and accurately. Will provide support for HR-related projects and tasks for business units. Proven ability to provide results working as part of a team and as an individual are highly desireable.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline required
- Minimum 0-4 years professional work experience, Human Resource background preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Word
- Ability to organize, manage and prioritize multiple work assignments
- Ability to work with peers and management cross functionally
- Ability to work cross functionally across disciplines in HR
- Effective written and oral communication skills, with the ability to tailor message to appropriate audience
- Ability to conduct research, analyze data and present findings
- Works within the oversight of supervision
- Must have the ability to deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines.
- Minimum 4-7 years professional work experience required
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.