Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a HR Talent Acquisition Representative to join their team. This a twelve (12) month contract position located in their Calgary head office.
The primary focus of this role is to lead strategic and proactive sourcing initiatives, conduct candidate assessment and selection, and manage employment offers.
- Develop effective sourcing strategies based on workforce plans, to recruit candidates who are a fit for the client’s position requirements and culture.
- Provide guidance to Hiring Leaders on recruitment skills and the overall hiring process.
- Build strong relationships with desired candidates to ensure a viable talent pipeline.
- Resume pre-screening, candidate interviewing, assessment, short-listing and selection for open positions.
- Complete reference checks and negotiate offers of employment.
- Utilize internal and external networks to leverage best practices in recruitment and selection.
- Respond to external and internal inquiries regarding employment opportunities.
- Assist with international recruitment assignments and career fairs as required.
- Promote employment opportunities at the client.
- Optimize efficiency of the recruitment process by making, recommending, and implementing improvements.
- Carry out a strong public relations function through ongoing interactions with potential employees; ensure a positive applicant experience.
- Guide recruitment efforts for campus recruiting
Skills and Qualifications:
- University or college degree with additional related training (i.e. interviewing, negotiations, etc.) is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Previous experience working within a fast-paced dynamic environment with complex hiring processes.
- A high level of enthusiasm and energy and thrive in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong relationship building skills and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and drive projects to completion.
- High degree of flexibility is required to adapt to multiple and competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a complex workload.
- Excellent relationship management and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; complemented by strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Able to handle confidential information with exceptional discretion.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and PeopleSoft.
- Strong understanding of total compensation and how it relates to the candidate offer negotiation phase.
- Strong negotiating, influencing and selling skills.
- Experience with Engineering recruitment is highly desired
- Experience with oil and gas industry recruitment is highly desired
- Previous experience with Workday is an asset
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.