Our Sudbury Operations are currently seeking a Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Administrator.
To provide health and Safety support to the exploration department based in Copper Cliff, Ontario. The Health, Safety and Environment Administrator will be responsible for maintaining the information databases that form the foundation of the Health and Safety Management System for Exploration.
- Compile Key Performance Indicators monthly.
- Maintain documentation to support the corporate Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Update and maintain the Training Database for Staff and select contractors.
- Update and maintain Exploration project induction database.
- Update and maintain inspection deficiencies and tracking database.
- Update / rebrand Exploration procedures as requested.
- Assist with incident investigation. Input incident information into SAP-IM.
- Assist with Management of Change.
- Independently complete and thoroughly document field inspections on heavy equipment, surface diamond drill rigs and all associated equipment.
- Assist with Risk Assessments and Hazard Identification.
- Create training presentations, update / rebrand existing training presentations, present as requested.
- Complete field audit / inspections as requested
- Diploma or Certificate in OHS, CRSP or eligible to apply
- 2-4 years’ experience in office administration with emphasis on safety
- Background in OHS -preferred; First Aid/CPR/AED certified
Knowledge and Skills:
- Comfortable working in outdoor environments, temperature extremes and loud environments.
- Basic understanding of Provincial and Federal Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team as necessary.
- Excellent oral and written communication (English) and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with, and a demonstrated competency in using MS Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint with the ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Effective problem solving, time management and prioritization skills.
- Valid G driver’s license.
- Applicants must be capable of operating ATV/UTVs and snow mobile as well as be comfortable driving company trucks off-road.
- Completion of the following preferred, Defensive Driving, CSC ATV/UTV Operation, CSC Snowmobile Operation
- Bilingualism is an asset (French, Portuguese).