Our client, a market leading integrated oil company requires an HSE Field Advisor to join their team for a six (6) month contract with the possibility of extension. This is a field role on a 6 and 1 rotation working 12 hour days. This role provides the right candidate with several allowances on top of their daily rate.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
The HSE Field Advisor will be responsible assisting in the development in the development of standards, procedures, and Safe Work Practices and provide in-field coaching and training to Midstream Major Projects and commissioning personnel on Safe Work Practices.
Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to improve capabilities and capacity in accordance with the following:
• Compliance with HOIMS elements to create a safe and secure place to work.
• Safe Work Permitting, Control of Hazardous Energy, Job Safety Analysis development, Behavior Based Observations and Field Level Hazard Assessments.
• Ensure that H&S systems, processes, programs, tools and controls are applied.
• Participate in health and safety planning, development and implementation of processes to achieve organization requirements.
• Make recommendations for improvements to procedures and safe work practices.
• Participate in the Pre Startup Safety Review processes as required.
• Review, audit and analyze data and provide recommendations to mitigate H&S risk to the organization.
• Participate in all levels of risk analysis i.e.: JSA development, HAZOP
• Contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate proactive and leading project safety metrics.
• Participate in all levels of emergency response planning and training, as required.
• Deliver training of selected training and guidance material such as project specific orientations as required.
• Become a subject matter expert in Corporate Safety and perform regular data entry and analysis to identify incident and injury trends for management discussion and action.
• When necessary, lead, facilitate, or participate in incident investigations for Midstream Major Projects.
• Assist in the management of workplace injuries and illnesses cases as required.
• Developing and distributing relevant safety communications material to Midstream major projects personnel.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Diploma or Degree in Health and Safety
• Health and Safety Canadian designation
• 50% minimum of resume that includes Owner experience with Oil and Gas Owner Organization
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years field experience in HSE
• Demonstrated understanding of Occupational Health & Safety legislation / regulations
• Willing to work 6 &1 rotation schedule
• Resides in Alberta
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
• Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
• Fire Extinguisher
• Confined Space – Entry
• Fall Protection Training
• Fit Testing
• Principles of Gas Detection & Monitoring
• Ground Disturbance 101
• H2S Alive
• OHS Standard First Aid, AED & CPR Level A
• Transportation of Dangerous Goods
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5 years of industry experience in a safety related role
• Previous oil and gas industry experience supporting field or plant operations
• Well organized and able to manage numerous programs and systems
• Work well independently as well as collaboratively within a team, and with others outside of the formal organization (service providers, vendors and contractors)
• Sets high goals and standards of performance for self and has a personal commitment to maintaining professional competency through continuing education, training and development
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.