Our client, one of Canada’s leading integrated oil companies has an immediate need for an HSE Field Advisor to join their team in their Asphalt Refinery in Lloydminster, Alberta location. This is a contract opportunity for 2 months. This person must be on site 6 days per week, 12 hours per day
REASON FOR OPENING/PROJECT:
To provide HSE support for the PMA expansion project at the Lloydminster asphalt refinery.
The main function of the HSE Advisor will be to provide health and safety support to the Operations, Commissioning and Maintenance Teams. Providing technical and functional H&S expertise, this is a key role for Husky Business Units in their collective journey to HS excellence. You will champion the implementation of H&S processes that are aligned with the Operational Integrity Management System (HOIMS). Success in this role requires the ability to influence and lead others through a firm grasp of health and safety fundamentals.
- Safe Operations (OIMS Element 2)
- Develop and facilitate the development of standards, procedures, and Safe Work Practices and provide in-field coaching and training to operations, maintenance and commissioning personnel on Safe Work Practices
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to improve capabilities and capacity in areas such as
- Safe Work Permitting, Control of Hazardous Energy, Job Safety Analysis development, Behavior
- Based Observations and Field Level Hazard Assessments
- Ensure that H&S systems, processes, programs, tools and controls are applied consistently across teams throughout the organization
- Participate in health and safety planning, development and implementation of processes to achieve organization requirements
- Make recommendations for improvements to procedures and safe work practices.
- Participate in the Pre Startup Safety Review processes.
- Risk Assessment and Management (OIMS Element 3)
- Review, audit and analyze data and provide recommendations to mitigate H&S risk to the organization.
- Participate in all levels of risk analysis and provide coaching ie: JSA development, HAZOP
- Contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate proactive and leading project safety metrics.
- Emergency Response (OIMS Element 4)
- Participate in all levels of emergency response planning and training, as required.
- Personnel Competency and Training (OIMS Element 6)
- Participate in periodic audits of organizations that provide employees and services to Operations Collaborate with training coordinators to establish and maintain a Husky HS training program
- Deliver training of selected training and guidance material ie: Control of Hazardous Energy, SafeWork Permitting to operations personnel. Incident Management (OIMS Element 7)
- Become a subject matter expert in Omnisafe, the Accident and Incident Reporting System, and perform regular data analysis to identify incident and injury trends for management discussion and action. Additionally, run regular reports to assess proper utilization of the system and become an additional resource to project team members who are required to enter incidents into Omnisafe or who are looking to extract information from the system.
- Leading, facilitating, or participating in incident investigations for commissioning, maintenance, and operations.
- Assist in the management of workplace injuries and illnesses cases as required.
- Information, Documentation and Effective Communication (HOIMS Element 10)
- Developing and distributing relevant safety communications material to operations personnel and the contractors.
- Communicate a clear vision that generates commitment and support from all employees and proactively develop and promote a strong safety culture.
- Contracting Services and Materials (HOIMS Element 13)
- Participate in the contractor performance evaluation and ongoing Safety Management system audits and assessments
- Support the transition of new contractors, and liaise with contractors on site to support their success.
- Ensure contractors are in compliance with policies, procedures and safe work practices
- Performance Assessment and Continuous Improvement (HOIMS Element 14)
- Contribute, as required, to the preparation of monthly and quarterly Program and Oil
- Performance Reports for Senior Management ensuring data integrity and a quality product.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Diploma or Degree in Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Canadian designation
- 50% minimum of resume that includes Owner experience
- Minimum of 7 years field experience in HSE supervisory role
- Demonstrated understanding of Occupational Health & Safety legislation / regulations
- Willing to work 6 &1 or 10 & 4 work schedules
- Resides in Alberta
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Possess a valid drivers license and a clean driving record
- Fire Extinguisher
- Confined Space – Entry
- Fall Protection Training
- Fit Testing
- Principles of Gas Detection & Monitoring
- Ground Disturbance 101
- H2S Alive
- OHS Standard First Aid, AED & CPR Level A
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10 years of industry experience in a safety related role
- 10 to 15 years of oil and gas industry experience supporting field or plant operations
- Well organized and able to manage numerous programs and systems
- Work well independently as well as collaboratively within a team, and with others outside of the formal organization (service providers, vendors and contractors)
- Sets high goals and standards of performance for self and has a personal commitment to maintaining professional competency through continuing education, training and development
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.