Health, Safety Environment Manager
The HSE Manager manages the Health, Safety, Environmental and Industrial Hygiene programs focusing on developing program to sustain an incident-free culture. Active daily presence is expected in the production area supporting hourly employees, Managers and Supervisors to ensure compliance from a process and safety perspective. Health, Safety and Environment management system must meet client standards and Responsible Care requirements. Also ensure compliance with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal environmental legislation, which includes maintaining all environmental permits for the facility; submitting new permit applications, permit renewals and necessary permit modifications; completing and submitting all required environmental emissions reports (e.g. NERM, NPRI, O. Reg. 127) accurately and on time; and developing and maintaining Toxics Use Reduction (TUR) and Pollution Prevention (P2) Plans.
- Lead the RC 14001 environmental management system development & maintenance. Responsibilities as the management representative would include overseeing the administrative requirements: program communication, policy & procedure development/upkeep, RCMS records management, environmental management programs development & tracking, system auditing and management review,
- Develop and maintain site HSE site plan, matrix, site Plan and metrics documents. Compile and submit the corporate monthly HSE metrics, and weekly and monthly site metrics.
- Ensure that waste materials are properly identified, classified and registered (i.e. HWIN), and arrange for their cost effective off-site disposal.
- Review and approve MOCs from HSE perspective, participate in PHA’s (Process Hazard Analysis) and PSSR's (Pre-Start Safety Reviews) as applicable from an environmental and industrial hygiene perspective, ensuring that controls are established to mitigate the identified risks.
- Manage the industrial hygiene program
- Lead the development and, where appropriate, delivery of the site’s health, safety & environmental RC 14001 training programs.
- Manage site Security Program and contract site security staff, develop security policies and procedures, and maintain the Security Vulnerability Assessment (SVA) information for the facility.
- Sit as the facility's HSE representative on the West Hill Community Advisory Panel (CAP) and Toronto East CAER.
- Relevant physical science or engineering degree with practical health, safety & environmental experience in the chemical process industry
- Professional certification is an asset (CRSP, CIH, PEng. ROH)
- Health, safety and environmental/ management system auditing experience preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience
- Leadership experience is a must
- Project Management preferred