Our Public Sector Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a HR Business Partner for a yearlong contract role with high possibility of extension.
As a HR Business Partner is responsible to implement people strategies that drive organizational results to attract and retain exceptional people. While working with a diverse team, you will work closely with leaders and managers to build human resource (HR) capabilities, plan and manage talent, and develop approaches that achieve shared organizational objectives.
Our public sector client is seeking both a strategic and hands-on individual to implement people strategies that drive organizational results to attract and retain exceptional people. While working with a diverse team, you will work closely with leaders and managers to build human resource (HR) capabilities, plan and manage talent, and develop approaches that achieve shared organizational objectives.
- Occupational/non-occupational-disability leave management and wellness
- job evaluation/job analysis and delegated aspects of employee/labour relations
- support and guidance provision for policy, collective agreement and procedure interpretation and implementation ensuring compliance with applicable legislation and regulations
- provide coaching, counselling, guidance and resources with regards to performance management and attendance management
- act as an investigator for the complaint management process, including making recommendations for resolution; support accommodation, disability management and wellness in the management of human resources within the organization
- This role will also support the Recruitment, Retention and compensation functions.
- act as a lead providing subject matter expertise for specific Human Resources functions including Diversity and Equity.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in business administration, labour relations or related discipline from a recognized university.
- CHRM or CHRP designation is preferred.
- Five years progressive human resources experience, including at least three years in a human resources management, supervisor or lead role.
- Experience working in a unionized environment and demonstrated knowledge and understanding of labour relations and union contract administration.
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing current HR policies and developing new policies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of human resources practices, theories, trends and legislation.
- Knowledge of general management and business administration practices in order to direct operations, manage staff and administer budgets.
- Conflict resolution skills to resolve complaints, dispute and disagreements while maintaining positive working relationships.
- Planning skills, systems thinking and project management skills.
- Developed decision-making, research, creativity, critical thinking and problem-solving skills to develop solutions and identify appropriate responses to issues or problems in the face of conflicting needs.
- Negotiation skills used in the course of labour and employee relations activities.
- Analytical, mathematical and statistical skills to interpret data identify trends and develop recommendation.
- Team leadership skills to empower staff, elicit input and cooperation, and motivate staff both within the department and across the organization.
- Political awareness in order to identify and respond to issues and to anticipate the likely reaction to statements, proposals, recommendations and situations.
- Superb presentation, verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship building abilities.
- Demonstrated written communication skills to draft clear and concise correspondence, collective agreement language and formal reports.
- Demonstrated proficiency with word procession, spreadsheet and database software.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Central West LHIN’s mission and values.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”