Our Public Sector Client in Scarborough, ON is looking to hire a Human Resource Advisor for a 2+ months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As a Human Resource Advisor, He/she is responsible to • Provide expertise and advice on a range of HR program services relating to recruitment and selection, learning and development, compensation, benefits, pension administration, attendance management, employee relations and counseling.
- Provide expertise and advice on a range of HR program services relating to recruitment and selection, learning and development, compensation, benefits, pension administration, attendance management, employee relations and counseling.
- Develop, implement and administer effective recruitment, compensation and benefits, learning and development, health and safety, employee relations and performance management programs and services to meet EO’s strategic business and operational needs and legislative/regulatory compliance requirements;
- Provide consultative advice, expertise and guidance to EO management and staff on the interpretation of human resources management policies, procedures, programs and the application of related government legislation and regulations;
- Consult with client business units/management on client business needs related to HR management functions and support client business units in integrating effective HR processes, programs and practices into their day-to-day business operations;
- Contribute to the design development, optimization and implementation of new/amended HR policies; research HR-related issues and recommend procedures, processes and other solutions/options;
- Design/facilitate training programs related to HR policy and procedures for EO client groups;
- Participate on/lead project teams/task groups/committees to support and communicate new/amended corporate human resource initiatives, programs and strategies;
- Monitor and assess the financial implications of HR activity and advise managers/directors in support of corporate business planning and monitoring, budgets and annual estimate submissions;
- Provide guidance and direction to additional support staff hired during electoral event periods.
Consultation and Relationships Management
- Highly developed consultation, negotiation, partnership building, influencing and customer service skills;
- Issues analysis and problem solving skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Time management, organizational, planning and project management skills;
- Familiarity with EO business, operations and organizational structure, goals and objectives.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Working towards or completion of a CHRP/CHRL designation;
- Specialized knowledge and demonstrated expertise in the application of human resources theories, methods, principles, practices and techniques pertaining to the human resources management functions of recruitment, compensation and benefits, learning and development, performance management, health and safety, employee relations programs and services;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of governing acts, legislation, regulations including the Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relating to organizational discrimination and systemic barriers to promote an organizational culture free of discrimination;
- Issues analysis and problem solving skills; and
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”