Are you an experienced Human Resources Professional who’s looking forward to a rewarding career opportunity? Then we would love to discuss your next assignment with you with our top oil and gas client based out of Downtown, Calgary.
As a Recruiter, you will lead the strategic and proactive sourcing initiatives, candidate assessment and selection, management of employment offers for our client.
- Develop effective sourcing strategies based on workforce plans to recruit candidates who are a fit for our client’s position requirements and culture.
- Provide guidance to Hiring Leaders on recruitment skills and the overall hiring process.
- Build strong relationships with desired candidates to ensure a viable talent pipeline.
- Resume pre-screening, candidate interviewing, assessment, short-listing and selection for open positions.
- Complete reference checks and negotiate offers of employment.
- Utilize internal and external networks to leverage best practices in recruitment and selection.
- Respond to external and internal inquiries regarding employment opportunities.
- Assist with international recruitment assignments and career fairs as required.
- Promote employment opportunities at the company
- Optimize efficiency of the recruitment process by making recommending and implementing improvements.
- Carry out a strong public relations function through ongoing interactions with potential employees; ensure a positive applicant experience.
- Guide recruitment efforts for campus recruiting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- University or college degree with additional related training (i.e. interviewing, negotiations, etc.) is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Previous experience working within a fast-paced dynamic environment with complex hiring processes.
- A high level of enthusiasm and energy and thrive in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong relationship building skills and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and drive projects to completion.
- High degree of flexibility is required to adapt to multiple and competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a complex workload.
- Excellent relationship management and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, complemented by strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Able to handle confidential information with exceptional discretion.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Experience using the recruitment functionality in Workday a plus.
- Strong understanding of total compensation and how it relates to the candidate offer negotiation phase.
- Strong negotiating, influencing and selling skills.
- Experience with Engineering recruitment is highly desired
- Experience with oil and gas industry recruitment is highly desired
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.