Our Calgary based integrated energy company requires a Hydrogeologist to join their team for a one year contract position. This role is scheduled to begin in early 2019.
REASON FOR OPENING/PROJECT:
This position is required within the Water team to manage contaminant hydrogeologic and hydrologic water issues in support of operations.
The Water Team services include upstream and downstream Business Unit support for water source and disposal exploration and development; surface water and groundwater assessments; monitoring and mitigations; water risk identification and water management plans; environmental applications; regulatory licensing and advocacy.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
In this position the Hydrogeologist will be partnering with the Water team to manage contaminant hydrogeologic and hydrologic water issues in support of operations. In addition to a strong technical background, the abilities to be adaptable, communicate effectively and work collaboratively are important for this role. As a member of the Water Team, you will be conducting technical work and reporting for your projects, as well as managing external consultants for other projects. The key focus of the Water Team is to provide water technical expertise to support operations and address issues, ensure compliance with regulatory requirements pertaining to water, and liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Support to our client in terms of water issues for environmental assessment and remediation projects, and environmental applications to regulatory bodies, including hydrogeology, hydrology, and surface water issues for environmental impact assessments
- Support on groundwater contamination issues
- Support on groundwater monitoring and hydrogeological issues
- Support on surface water monitoring and hydrological issues
- Geochemical compatibility assessments
- Management of licensing and approval requirements for water use at facilities
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams, ensure strong communication between project team, and other project participants
- Participation in multi-stakeholder groups and public involvement processes for water issues
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master Degree in Geology/Hydrogeology/Earth Sciences or Civil/Geological/Environmental Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in hydrogeology in a similar role
- Experience with regulators and managing multi-disciplinary project teams
- Current with provincial environmental regulations and industry best practices
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and water issues resolution
- Practical hydrogeological experience with analyzing hydrogeological data
- Solid technical writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Experience with mapping and data visualization software
- Experience on water well drilling and testing programs and multidisciplinary projects including regulatory applications and surface-water-groundwater monitoring programs
- Registered with APEGA
- Valid Driver’s License
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Comprehension and application of health, safety and environmental principles, and a commitment to quality management systems
- Practical geological experience with drilling and completion operations of oil and gas wells
- Strong initiative, problem solving ability, innovation and commitment to technical excellence
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English, including experience in writing proposals, technical reports and general project correspondence
- Team spirit, interpersonal skills and the ability to build long-term, successful relationships with project teams and clients
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to set priorities
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.