Do you want to work for the largest Chemical Manufacturing companies in North Carolina? They are currently looking for an I&E Planner to support their facility in Port Arthur, Texas. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: I&E Planner
Duration: Until July 2019
This position is responsible for managing unplanned work and developing job plans in order to drive work execution efficiency and asset availability. This includes generating work steps with labor, material, equipment and services, estimating labor and material costs; creating job packets for field execution and continually improving job plans via updates based upon feedback from the Execution Teams. The scope is instrument and electrical work under 600 volts.
Manage the backlog of unplanned work:
- Review the backlog and planning list.
- Clarify incomplete or unclear work notifications.
- Group work orders and/or notifications together that can be planned and completed as a single order.
- Determine the appropriate degree of planning.
- Utilize the proper SAP status codes including work order start and finish dates to allow proper scheduling of the work order.
Work Order Planning:
- Provide Tier One troubleshooting to develop job plans.
- Create job plans for the effective execution of work by providing job scopes, job step sequence, labor and material requirements, skill requirements, specifying the necessary tools and equipment, external resources, and determining work order costs.
- Identify permitting requirements and special isolation needs.
- Create task lists (job plan library) for recurring jobs.
- Create purchase requisitions and reservations for necessary materials, equipment or services and orders material.
- Forward completed ready-to-schedule job packages to the Scheduler.
- Continually improve the job plans by collaborating with Maintenance Supervisors and Engineers to 1) Maintain a spare parts inventory, 2) Build & Maintain Bill of Materials for area equipment, 3) Continually update task lists to ensure: necessary changes or improvements are incorporated, and efficiencies are captured per job feedback, 4) Obtaining and analyzing feedback from the work crew through the job feedback process and 5) Updating the task list and job plan libraries.
- Review work scopes for changes which would result in triggering a Management of Change (MoC)
- Create Job Packets as needed by providing spec sheets, vendor manuals, P&IDs, pictures, isolation plans, job plan/feedback form, etc.
- Assist in emergency or critical priority jobs by expediting materials and coordinating other crafts/resources and fulfilling any other activities (non-standard) assigned by the supervisor.
- Turnaround Planning
- Create job plans for the effective execution of turnaround projects: job scopes, job step sequence, labor and material requirements, skill requirements, specifying the necessary tools and equipment, external resources, and determining work order costs
- Participate and coordinate with turnaround group on scheduled jobs and external resource needs.
- Coordinate purchase requisitions / purchase orders and expedite orders to assure scheduled delivery for turnaround.
- Fill in for Maintenance Supervisor as necessary.
- Must differentiate, plan, and assign the work between the I&E technicians and the controls systems technician groups.
- Peers and technicians will be motivated by this position to execute the plan as defined. Decisions are not concrete but are collaborative with peers, technicians, and supervisors. When conflicts arise if it cannot be resolved with facts and figures, it is escalated to the next level.
- Business Environment (Economic or Technological Conditions Dealt with on a Regular Basis)
- Solves problems by applying standard or routine procedures; expected to make suggestions for improvement.
- This position will also make daily decisions on whether controls system work can be performed by the cluster IE technicians or by the controls systems technicians and assign the work order accordingly.
- Internal and External Relationships (Nature and Frequency)
- This position may be responsible for leading virtual teams, vendor meetings, contractors, budgets, and processes. There would need to be a Planning CoE and this role would be called upon to lead team and sometimes be an expert on teams.
- Minimum 4 years of instrumentation experience in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufacturing environment.
- Hands on knowledge and experience with various types of Instrument and Electrical systems and equipment, and crafts, along with an understanding of maintenance work processes. Possess an understanding of maintenance scheduling.
- Ability to procure and expedite materials and resources.
- Deal effectively with the unknown and unexpected and possess the ability to handle non-routine and emergency activities, such as schedule breakers, plant shutdowns, start-up, etc.
- Excellent organizational and work management skills.
- Keen attention to detail and a high degree of quality orientation.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written.
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Must demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical Thinking, Quality Orientation & Attention to Detail, Business & Financial Acumen, Team working, Work Management, Communication & Interpersonal Skills, Entrepreneurial Actions, Customer Focus, Strategic Thinking, and Striving for Achievement