On behalf of our client we are looking for an Illustrator to join their team. Working on site and as part of a diverse team, he/she will provide illustrations associated with technical training.
- Create media elements for technical training manuals, computer-based/web-based training and classroom presentations (story board)
- Create isometric representations/drawings to be used in training material
- Sketch complex mechanical assembly drawings to be used in training material
- Interpret and use standard, mechanical, electrical and electronic symbols
- Create and modify illustrations using illustration authoring tools such as Adobe CC suite (Illustrator, Animate, Photoshop) and HTML5
- Simplify complex illustrations where required
- Create graphic element from engineering data using CATIA
- Create panoramic visual using Kolor Panatour
- Create 3D animation using tool such Blender and 3D Web GL
- Create and/or modify catalogue of media elements
- Apply the configuration plan in accordance with each projects requirements
- Interface with suppliers and/or other Bombardier departments in order to optimize the development of illustrations to be used in training courseware
- Ensure policies, procedures, standards and formats relating to various media elements are maintained
- Provide daily, weekly verbal and monthly written reports on progress and status of any given project
- Merge media elements into instructional materials
- Liaise with different working groups to ensure top quality with the final product
- Develop collaboratively innovative means to improve media elements design and configuration management
- Research and plan work requirements for specific part of a project
- Have a good knowledge of all pertinent specifications and processes
- Collaborate to the improvement of the established processes
- 5+ years illustrator experience or equivalent
- Experience developing paper-based, presentation (story board), and computer-based illustrations
- Demonstrated experience producing media elements in an IT, engineering or technical environment
- Experience with 3D Via Composer/CATIA (Solid Works or a 3D application will be considered)
- Intermediate to Advanced Flash or Animate CC skills
- Strong experience working with Adobe Illustrator
- Understanding of HTML 5
- Industrial Design/Technical Publications background
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.