Our distinguished midstream energy client has an immediate need for a Industrial Control System (ICS) IT Support Specialist in their Fort St. John location. This would be a one year contract opportunity that is scheduled to begin immediately.
As part of the Canadian Western Gas Transmission and Midstream (CANW GTM) Control System Support team this role’s mandate is to support control system IT infrastructure within field facilities and to provide the expertise necessary to assist Operations and Engineering in the design, implementation, maintenance and compliance of the systems.
- Partner with IT, Operations, Engineering and vendors in designing, implementing and maintaining control system IT components.
- Ensure control systems are in compliance with company specifications, policies, applicable industry standards, and vendor specific requirements for existing and new equipment as it pertains to cyber security.
- Perform break-fix and troubleshooting support of control system IT components including servers, workstations and networking equipment.
- Uphold Management of Change policies pertaining to changes to the equipment and software that are within the scope of the responsibilities of this role.
- Support operations and engineering with cyber incident management response.
The primary roles that this role will interact with are:
- Controls Specialist/Engineer, Facilities Engineering
- OEM vendors and service providers
- Facility operations and maintenance staff.
- CANW GTM IT Controls
- Enbridge US IT Controls
- CANW GTM Measurement Tech Services
- Technology and Infrastructure (IT) Services Canada
Guidelines and Boundaries:
Decisions will be guided by:
- CANW GTM specifications
- CANW GTM policies and procedures
- Industry standards and best practices
- Equipment vendor specific requirements
- CANW GTM Operations Management
- Collective Agreements
- University degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Sciences or
- Equivalent of IT certifications/education and work experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise environment and the security architecture (minimum 3 years).
- Proven ability with work management and management of changes processes.
- Experience in the Information Technology (IT), Information Assurance or Computer Security field, with specific experience implementing cyber security solutions in diverse operating environments.
- Experience providing technical support for a wide range of issues including OS, hardware, printers, network and software systems.
- Working knowledge of Industrial Control System architecture, risk assessment and change management processes.
- Working knowledge of control system applications (i.e. Honeywell, Rockwell, Invensys, Schneider or ABB)
- Technical experience gas pipelines, plants or industrial facilities.
- Consults and communicates; able to prioritize, negotiation and conflict resolution, adaptable.
- Demonstrates excellent trouble-shooting and problem solving skills.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication
- Client service oriented
- Travel to remote facilities.
- Comfortable and experienced working in an industrial environment.
- Comfortable working within a geographically disperse team environment facilitated by teleconferencing and online meetings.
- IT knowledge regularly maintained and updated.
- 40 hour work week.
- Some travel (including remote sites) and OT required (20%)
- Participate in on-call duties.
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.