Our Midstream Energy client is looking for a Senior Advisor who is a subject matter expert in Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Strategic Finance for budgets and forecasts team.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Strategic Finance for budgets and forecasts team
- Support the development and sponsored vehicles budget and five-year projects, including a full set of projected financial statements, through Hyperion financial systems
- Support monthly forecast updates for all entities
- Key player in coordinating and developing annual budgets for sponsored vehicles
- Maintains Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Strategic Finance systems and updates for changes in business as they arise
- Supports Business Partners in developing the effective reports and data points to assist analysis and decision making
- Focuses on ensuring data congruence and validity across all planning system tools
- Identifies opportunities to leverage system tools to automate tasks / processes
- Coordinates with various business units to compile all information into Hyperion systems
- Troubleshoots system-based anomalies as they arise and manages resolution of issues
- Identifies process inconsistencies and recommends improvements
- Trains new staff on Hyperion systems
- This position supports enterprise-wide budgets and forecasts and will have significant influence on system design and maintenance
- In this capacity, this position will have access to significant aspects of the entities and will assist in critical analysis of budget results
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge in Hyperion application systems including Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Strategic Finance
- Computer Science Degree with 7+ years business experience or designated accountant (CPA) with 7+ years of accounting experience
- Prior experience in Hyperion Planning, Essbase and/or Hyperion Strategic Finance or other financial planning tools an asset
- Prior consolidations experience an asset
- Strong analytical skills to validate and challenge information provided by various sources
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Strong project management and team skills, including the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.