The Senior Business Analyst takes ownership of the ‘requirement analysis and design’ phase of a project, and also acts in a consultative role during other phases. The Sr. BA liaises with various levels of stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities, and proactively recommends solutions to enable the organization to meet its strategic goals through changes and transformation of business process, information and technology.
- Working with the Project Team, the Sr. BA provides an approach to how business analysis activities will be executed. I.e. approach to how current state will be assessed, approach to how requirements will be elicited/documented/confirmed/approved
- Provide input into project planning activities such as; work task/activity breakdown structure, time/effort estimates, stakeholder analysis, constraints and dependencies
- Elicit business, stakeholder and functional requirements using various techniques such as; workshops, surveys, document research, interviews and focus groups
- Create business analysis documents and artifacts such as: process flows, requirements definition, data flow diagrams, wireframes (UI), entity relationship diagrams, business rules catalogues, glossaries and use cases – and deliver according to the project plan timeline
- Key facilitator at various meetings such as; project kickoffs, requirement workshops, requirement validation and approval sessions, training sessions, and other meetings as required
- Provide input for training materials and/or deliver training sessions focused on processes he/ she developed.
- Structure, organize and maintain shared project documentation such as; requirement backlog, issue and change request logs
- Create summary level information for Senior Management / Leadership
- Raise issues and risks with the Project Team, and provide support in finding a resolution
- Provide guidance and support to Jr. BAs on best practice in business analysis
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Business Analyst, working on a diversity of projects representing many functional areas within an organization (Finance, Operations, IT, Marketing, HR)
- Experience working on large business transformation type projects
- Strong experience with process analysis and mapping: current state vs. future state definition, ability to promote future state according to process/ workflow best practices, understand and clearly explain the change impact. We need a candidate with experience on both types of projects, i.e. technology and Business.
- Superior ability to facilitate workshops/ requirements sessions with large virtual teams (20+), including senior level participants is a key role requirement, and ability to present concepts and models.
- Ability to work on different projects concurrently
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Visio, Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of how Technology supports process and org structure improvements and make recommendations to this effect
- Must be in current possession of the Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) designation
- Experience with operational metrics definition, review and improvement processes (nice to have)
- Previous experience in an Agile environment, i.e. preparing and prioritizing stories, working side by side with developers, and Product Owners, wireframes preparation.
- We are looking for a candidate who takes ownership of their deliverables, who is able to build relationships with their stakeholders, and will get quickly up to speed.