Our market leading agricultural client has an immediate need for a Strategic Operations Specialist. This is a 6 month contract position located out of their Calgary office. Could this be you?
In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for setting up an operations control center. As part of this team, you will be accountable for overlaying a monitoring strategy over the new applications to ensure they are useful and that the right visibility is provided to the right people from a global strategy perspective while balancing performance and value for the organization.
The following traits will allow you to succeed in this role
- You are strategically minded – you are able to develop a holistic top down approach as part of a monitoring strategy.
- You have a broad range of technical experience – you have a broad range of technical experience and are able to work with the tools you are given.
- You are flexible – You are able to shift approaches to meet the demands of the user.
- You are process driven – You ensure you are meeting the process standards in place but are not afraid to take a proactive approach and implement process improvements.
- You are cost oriented – You are able to balance performance and value for the organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up operations control center and implement a global monitoring strategy as part of the process.
- Ensure KPIs are being met for users as part of the monitoring strategy and generate process improvements as needed.
- Ensure compliance processes are being followed as part of the implementation.
- Facilitate change management practices throughout the course of the implementation.
- Move services to cloud out of legacy.
- Cloud monitoring and network security.
- Balance performance and value for the organization, while being conscientious of cost.
Skills & Qualifications
- An extensive tool kit and knowledge of multiple systems, services, and applications.
- Experience working in IT/Technical application, infrastructure monitoring strategy, and supporting global strategy for enterprise infrastructure, systems, and applications (specifically as it relates to operations).
- Experience with the implementation process from start to finish.
- Experience monitoring servers, applications and components from different cloud providers.
- Experience with performance metrics/KPIs and process improvements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders on all levels of the organization.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.