There is no stopping you. You are high energy, ambitious, and you want nothing more than to work in a dynamic environment where you can utilize your skills in business development, IT procurement, and knowledge of total cost ownership to provide a strategic perspective on a transformational project.
If you find yourself resonating with any of this, we have the role for you. Our client, who is a leader in the global agricultural market has an immediate need for a Strategic Transformational Procurement Project Advisor to join their team. This is a 1-year contract position with the possibility for extension, located at their office in Saskatoon Saskatchewan.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
- Providing out-of -the-box solutions that will make you the face of procurement using an agile procurement approach.
- Negotiating IT and IP contracts, and procuring IT products and services with a focus on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Building partnerships with vendors on a global basis to create a think tank of sorts for IT.
- Participating in optimization and digital transformation.
What this role is:
- Strategic. You are well versed in strategic development and use your knowledge of procurement, business development, sales, TCO (and even category management), to provide out of the box solutions.
- IT focused. You will negotiate IT and IP contracts to procure IT goods and services from vendors globally for the purposes of digital transformation.
What this role is not:
- Transactional. Although you will need a strong knowledge of procurement, and supply chain for this role it is more of a big picture strategic role rather than day to day.
Applicants with a related university degree, experience with supply chain management and procurement, and at least 8 years of purchasing experience will be contact by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.