Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Automotive company.
We are looking for an Android Developer II to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Markham, Ontario, Canada
As a software developer in the Infotainment Software Team, you will contribute to the development and integration of software features in various areas such as Android Framework, Multimedia, Connectivity and Core Applications. Your contribution will enable customers to connect their personal consumer devices to the vehicle infotainment system as well as providing a user-friendly User Interface to control the vehicle infotainment system.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 4-7 years of experience developing applications or middleware for mobile platforms like Android or iOS.
- Object-oriented software development experience with a solid grasp of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience working with large code bases, developing entirely new code and maintaining existing code
- Knowledge of Android components, framework and architecture (such as Apps, Multimedia, BT V4, USB, NFC, Wi-Fi and Projection, CarPlay, Speech, ScreenCasting, OpenMax, GStreamer, etc.)
- Knowledge of test development and testing of embedded system firmware.
- Knowledge and experience about embedded LAN and Ethernet.
- Software platform development experience, such as Linux and Android platform.
- Commercial software development experience in C, C++, Java.
- Familiar with Android development toolkit and process.
- Experience with SCM tools, GIT, JIRA, Eclipse IDE, ClearCase etc.
- Experience of Scrum/Agile software development process.
- Ability to perform diagnostic and investigation based on limited information.
- Creative, discipline, strong sense of responsibility, delivery and schedule commitment.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field.
- Advanced degrees preferred.
- Contribute as designer and developer to design, code and release software for Android target.
- Participate in the implementation of connectivity framework features (BT, USB and Wi-Fi etc.) or multimedia framework features (playback engine, audio, codec, speech, CarPlay, AndroidAuto, or Android Framework (AOSP) and Applications and Services.
- Participate in improving and maintaining existing Infotainment software.
- Participate in feature requirements analysis, and test-case design review.
- Participate in feature prototype building, testing, and refinement.
- Participate in improving and tailoring existing drivers, stack and applications to our needs.
- Provide clear and complete documentation based on the definition of the software development process.
- Collaborate with other engineers by using Scrum/Agile development process.
- Be able to occasionally travel domestically and internationally.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.