Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Solution Architect on a 12 months long assignment extension beyond, in Dearborn, MI, USA.
- Design the architecture for a major data center migration project for a large manufacturing company to transform applications, deploy data center infrastructure, and decommission legacy applications.
- Provide front line representation of the project to C-level executives. Analyze application portfolio to plan for application transformation, remediation, and decommission.
- Define deployment strategy for data center infrastructure to align with application migration plans.
- Direct onshore and offshore teams to perform analysis, remediation, and application migration activities.
- Design the decommission, app transformation, tech remediation, and testing factories.
- Ability to communicate with C-level executives about project status and overall project vision
- Experience managing 10+ teams, define KPIs for the project activities, and measure the teams progress against defined KPIs
- Ability to provide expert strategic advice for cloud application development, cloud application deployment, private versus public cloud options, virtualization, containerization, and DevOps
- Ability to describe data center service framework design
- Ability to provide expert strategic advice for data center migration strategy and key components of a data center migration
- Ability to discover application characteristics of mainframe, midrange, and Wintel applications that will help define migration groups
- Experience assessing applications and application architecture
- Prepare a technical and architecture plan to achieve the stated goal and adjust the plans according to progress and inter dependencies
- Provide cross-vendor communication in a multi-vendor project
- Experience with ITIL framework
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.