Our Banking client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Cobol Business Analyst for a 6-month contract role(with high chance of extension).
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain hands on experience with COBOL and get exposure to different Stakeholders within the bank. There is also a high possibility for multiple extensions as this is a long-term project.
What you will be doing…
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Designs new computer programs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What you will need to succeed…
Must Have Skills:
- Business System Analyst – 7+ years of experience
- Experience with Host Systems (software documentation, software design, software development process, software requirements, software maintenance)- 5+ years
- SQL, DB2 or IMS & COBOL (understand limitations of mainframes) – 5+ years of hands on experience
- Strong experience translating requirements for Developers and presenting technicalities to the Business – 7+ years of experience
- Agile experience – 3+ years
Nice to Have:
- Previous FI experience is a plus
- Working on commercial applications
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.