Our Banking Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Java Developer for 6+ month contract role with possibility of extension.
As a Java Developer, candidate is responsible to work on development of a new FIX STP adapter using QuickfixJ/Java and integrating it into existing ION platform using vendor API.
Story Behind the Need
Business group: The GWRT, Cash Trading and Operations Technology group supports and maintains the various trading platforms used within the bank.
Project: The Global Fixed Income Team is looking for an energetic and result-oriented senior Developer to work on development of a new FIX STP adapter using QuickfixJ/Java and integrating it into existing ION platform using vendor API. Candidate needs to be proficient with functional programming with Scala or Java (functional features of Java 8 or above). The successful candidate must have solid hands-on expertise in building complex real-time applications and possess a good understanding of capital markets and products. Experience with FIX protocol will be considered a strong advantage. Candidate will be expected to understand and formulate requirements, and co-ordinate with several business lines and other technology groups.
Typical Day in Role
Independently develop, test, and deploy a new FIX STP adapter to book trades into ION trade management system using Scala or Java, Quckfix/J, and ION Mkv API • Communicate with retail technology team to define requirements, and test against a newly built adapter on their side • Integrate newly built adapter into the existing ION platform on the Capital Markets side • Deliver the assigned project to specs within the projected timelines
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
- 7 + years enterprise application development using functional programming in Scala (preferred) OR Java
- Recent project experience with FIX Protocols and Quickfix/ J
- 2 + years’ experience within Capital Markets processes and products
- 2 + years’ experience with Messaging Bus technologies like MQ, JMS, Solace, or Kafka
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience with ION trading systems will be considered a strong asset
- Hands-on Experience with DevOps practices and pipelines would be an asset
Degrees or certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”