Our Banking Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire an Application Developer for a 6+ months of contract role with possibility of extension
As an Application Developer, the candidate is responsible to to design, develop & implement an ETL application using MS SQL database and Alteryx for data preparation to support business requirements for our PMO
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze highly complex business requirements and generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications, including a low complexity database
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Act as an expert technical resource to assist team mates in putting MS SQL to real-life experience.
- Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution.
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
- Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment.
- Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
- Provide detailed technical designs and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Convert specifications about business requirements into programming instructions.
- Creates net new views, tables, processes, reports etc.; depending on our requirements
- Executes queries to pull data and run reports on a daily, weekly, biweekly, and monthly basis
- Design, builds and schedules database backups and restoration processes
- Conduct impact analysis, and analysis of organizational needs and goals, for development and implementation of application systems.
- Develop, review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system.
- Investigate options and make recommendations for a new User Interface (GUI) solution
- Provide support for existing production applications, and recommend opportunities for enhancements.
- 70-80% of the time will be allocated to design, build, test, implement & document and 20-30% of the time helping teammates learn.
What Project Will the Contractor Be Working On: This role will be supporting the design and development of an ETL application for data preparation to be used within the SPPD PMO
Who Will the Contractor Be Working with on a Daily Basis: They will be working with members of SPPD as necessary, as well as other areas of Technology Operations (TO) as required.
Employee Value Proposition (EVP): This is an opportunity to design and build a small but important high-visibility application which will be used for analytics and management reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with a variety of specific tools and toolkits for development and support of applications.
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications.
- Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large scale projects from end-to-end.
- 4+ years of experience in application development
- Strong experience with MS SQL design and development
- Strong experience Alteryx design and development (or a similar/equivalent technology)
- Experience following both iterative and Agile SDLC
Nice to Have:
- Alteryx-specific experience is highly preferred
- Project Management Office (PMO) experience is highly preferred
- Tableau, MS Access, and SharePoint experience preferred
- Banking/Financial Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Team Player
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”