Do you want to work for the largest Chemical Manufacturing company? They are currently looking for a Global Category Buyer to support their facility in Houston, Texas If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Global Category Buyer
Location: Houston, Texas
Duration: Until Dec 2019 (possible extension)
We are seeking a Global Category Buyer, Equipment and Materials, to support the day-to-day supply stream procurement activities for the assigned category mix.
You will support the implementation of category strategies. Also, you will provide regional input related to supply and demand market dynamics for the development of the category strategy. You will routinely engage with the associated business units and suppliers to align supplier capabilities with BASF strategic priorities and explore creative and strategic supply solutions for new and existing Equipment & Materials.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Support the development of supply strategies for the North American region. Work closely with the business unit and the Procurement network to develop and implement sourcing strategies for products related to this portfolio.
- Lead and manage sourcing process (RFI, RFQ, RFP, etc.) for key strategic contracts and highly complex negotiations to ensure the most competitive supply advantage for BASF
- Provide relationship management for key suppliers, which will include monitoring performance metrics, resolving claims and/or disputes, market intelligence, and other contributing factors affecting supply availability and pricing of products procured.
- Conduct market intelligence research by interacting with key suppliers, industry associations, and internal stakeholders to collect industry relevant information and rationalizing to assess impact current and future to BASF.
- Support purchase order creation and processing as appropriate.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- BS/BA required; Engineering, Marketing, Supply Chain or related field preferred MBA degree is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience required; with experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Engineering/Operations and/or Sales and Marketing is highly desirable
- Exposure to strategy development and contract negotiations is desirable
- Experience in industrial manufacturing environments is a plus.
- Experience in managing relationships across functional and regional teams preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to manage relationships with internal partners as well as suppliers
- Must be team-oriented, self -motivated, and capable of working in a multi-task environment with ability to make and implement decisions with limited information