The Ian Martin Group is seeking a Sr. Software Developer for a long-term contract assignment in Chandler, AZ. Working as part of a team, you will be responsible for defining the big data architectural blueprint under the supervision of senior leaders of the organization. You will be responsible for implementing the platform. You will be responsible for building reference implementations on the platform based on real world use cases
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of electronic semiconductor products that meet a variety of needs within the Commercial, Home, Intelligence, and Advanced Technology computing industries.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
Looking for someone with:
- Detailed knowledge of key ingredients of a Big Data Platform with hands on experience in setting up such platforms in large corporations following industry standard patterns and practices
- Hands on experience of creating architectural blueprints and approaches of separating storage from distributed compute where storage is infinite using open source or vendor supplied components. Provide details of how to implement such blueprints.
- Hands on experience in building a lambda architecture for big data with speed, batch and serving layers with ability to maintain data real time and scheduled. Historical data should be separable from real time data for faster query capabilities. Expert level experience with Industry standard platforms like Apache Hadoop/ HDFS/ Kaffka / Spark required
- Hands on experience in building a large-scale data pipeline using distributed compute on a big data platform with data ingestion, data transformation, data persistence and data warehouse capabilities
- Hands on experience in performance tuning for data analytics on the platform where storage is separate from compute. Expose data via standard odbc, jdbc brokers and performant microservices to the consuming layers like an industry standard data analytics platform including apache spark / power bi etc
- Hands on experience using a big data platform for predictive modeling, statistics, Machine Learning, Data Mining, and other data analysis techniques to collect, explore, and extract insights from structured and unstructured data
- Enterprise graph platforms using big data to build connected graphs using heterogenous data domains
Applicants with bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or above will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.