Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Burlington, Ontario
- Journeyman: $33 to $36 per hour
- Apprentice: $18 to $30
- Temp-to-Perm / Working Interview
- Monday to Friday, 6:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- 310T or 310S or 421A Certification of Qualification or Apprenticeship required
Ian Martin Workforce is working with an Telecommunications company that has a diverse fleet of units including Transports, Hydro Vacs, Dump Trucks, and other Heavy Construction equipment. This is a shop role with no field call outs required, and an environment that will play to your strengths as a Mechanic.
Every day can be different working on Electrical and Hydraulic systems, performing diagnostics. Teardown and rebuilds to keep as much work in-house. You don’t mind getting dirty and learning the whole time. You have a team-minded attitude, willingness to improve your skills and learn something new every day.
You will be…
- Working on fuel injection systems, exhaust systems, cooling systems, lubrication sustems, engine control systems
- Doing major internal engine repairs and overhauls
- Working in collaboration with others to accomplish daily assigned tasks.
- Arrive on time and prepared to start work for scheduled shifts
- Participating in all Safety and Planning meetings as required to attend.
- Being an active participant in maintaining a safe work environment for yourself and others
Why this is the right job for you…
- Certification of Qualification 310T or 310S or 421A
- Open to 2nd Year Apprentices or Higher
- Willingness to learn new things and new ways of completing tasks
- Ability to work independently as well as in a small team
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills work with a sense of urgency
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.