Heavy Equipment Operator
- Greater Toronto Area (Ajax to Mississauga)
- 6:30 AM start, min 5 days per week
- $23 to $28 per hour depending on experience
- Overtime paid after 44 hours
- Temporary to Permanent Position
- Full G License with Clean Driver’s Abstract
Ian Martin Workforce is working with an up-and-coming mobile Aggregate Processor. They are in immediate need of Heavy Equipment Operators to run Excavator and Loader at one of their busy sites. They are looking for positive, upbeat people that love to run machines and learn new skills. This would be a great opportunity for someone that is a self-starter and motivated with a few years of experience that really wants to be developed and grow with an organization. You can operate and handle equipment efficiently. We are offering a Working Interview so that you can go out to site and show what you can do, and make sure that this is the fit for you too.
What you’ll be doing…
- Running Excavator and Loader in a safe manner at all times
- Use heavy equipment attachments such as hydraulic breakers
- Move processed concrete to the crusher in a loader
- Assist with breakdowns and other related tasks
- Completing hands-on tasks as need to get the work done on time including shoveling or changing hoses
- Participating in Toolbox and Safety meetings on a regularly and/or daily basis
Why this is the job for you…
- Minimum 2 years of experience on a Loader and Excavator
- Completion of a Heavy Equipment Operator training courses would be ideal but not required
- Valid G License with a clean Driver’s Abstract
- Committed to follow strict safety policies and procedures on all sites
- Excellent communication skills and willing to speak up when there is a concern for safety
- Flexible to work 10-12 hours per day and on weekends if need to make up a rain day
- Able to work well within a small crew
- Reliable transportation to and from site daily
- Have own PPE including Hard Hat, High Visibility Vest, Steel Toed Work Boots, Eye Protection. Hearing and Eye protection can be supplied at site.
- A positive person with a great attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, excellent vision and manual dexterity
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.