Scissor Lift Operator / Racking Installer
- Mississauga, ON (Derry Road / McLaughlin Road)
- $21 per hour
- Days only starting at 7:00 AM until 3:00 PM
- Valid Working At Heights and Aerial Work Platform Required
- Temp to Perm based on Job Performance
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a growing company that installs, repairs, and modifies existing racking systems and offers customized solutions for warehouse spaces. They have over 40 years of experience in the material handling business. They are looking for reliable and dependable person with a professional attitude that is motivated and wants to work.
As their new Scissor Lift Operator and Racking Installer, you enjoy working with your hands, being active all day long. You can work under tight timelines and love the challenge that comes with it. You’re a team player, willing to help anyone that might need a hand. You’re committed to keeping a safe work space for those around you, especially when you’re putting in racking in an active warehouse.
What you’ll be doing…
- Working with a crew of about 8 experienced Installers
- Installing racking that is either clipped together or bolted on the ground and/or from an Aerial Work Platform
- Assembling racking using your hands, impact wrenches and cordless drills, occasionally hammer and screwdrivers
- Anchoring the floor anchors into the ground
- Vacuuming up concrete dust and other site maintenance
- Assisting the Forklift Operator with loading by hand or stabilizing frames
- Spotting and signalling Forklift Operator when moving frames and other pieces
- Able to start on Monday, November 18th and can commit until the end of December with possible extension into the new year based on job performance
- Highly dependable with reliable transportation and can travel to multiple job sites in Mississauga, Brampton, and/or Concord
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as a team in large or small groups
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly
- Comfortable and experienced using power and hand tools
- Comfortable working at heights and operating elevated work platforms
- Familiar with assembly using hands or tools
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.